1. here the attack is mainly against the Equitalia site, the public agency in charge of tax collection for the goverment
  2. I have no files to recover, never been a fan of Megaupload, they seem to be very public about their operations. Megavideo was a disgrace, we see YouTube videos taken down within hours because of copyright claims from the Premier League, UMG, Uefa etc and Megavideo was a haven for illegal activity.

Personally, it's at no great loss to me if the file sharing site ceases to exist. Mediafire and Rapidshare are a much better service and actively respond to copyright claims etc.
  3. Me too. But we -U2start- hosted a lot of bootlegs at MU, we indeed have to worry. Thank God none -or very few- bootlegs were available exlusively at MU.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASongMe too. But we -U2start- hosted a lot of bootlegs at MU, we indeed have to worry. Thank God none -or very few- bootlegs were available exlusively at MU.

From a legitimate perspective, it's a blow. Luckily we have a large community here so if any bootlegs do fall off the radar, I'm sure someone will have them. Patou2 for example claims to have all bootlegs listed here, whether or not he has multiple sources per bootleg I don't know. I have just under 13GB of sources that I'd happily re-upload should one of them have gone missing.
  5. Very bad news, sounds like the beginning of the end, when things like this just can be done without any legal case.

All sources that are available here on U2start are on my local storage disks, and for the major part of it, it's also available as back-up on online servers. Some bootlegs depend on Megaupload, which will all be reuploaded over the weekend.
  6. maybe Bono could call the whitehouse and ask for the megaupload links back.
  7. Is mediafire safe?

I guess what happened here is related to why wikipedia shut itself down the other day.
  8. I'd bet on Mediafire and Rapidshare surviving. The 'Mega' group openly ignored the copyright and are accused of promoting the sharing of illegal material by paying members to upload. They're also accused of many other things too.
  9. Gotcha.

Thanks.
  10. I like how Megaupload was endorsed by some of the biggest names in music...

11. "the president is not available for me??"... oh damn there's no more Bush hehehe