1. Originally posted by ahn1991:I've actually looked at the charges that the owners of MegaUpload are accused of.

Many of them are obvious violations of even the most lenient copyright laws, which include paying users extra to upload copyrighted material, Downloading said copyrighted material for personal use and selling them for profit, blatantly ignoring requests to remove specific material, etc. But the big kicker is this. The owners are accused of attempting to host/stream a 1:1 copy of YouTube for profit on their sites. This essentially means that they wanted to bootleg all the videos on YouTube and sell them.

If you ask me, those owners dug themselves into a pretty sizable hole and I honestly don't see how they can/deserve to recover.

Agree, it's also not really something you can compare with other filehosts. They just did bad stuff
  2. Again, Megaupload referred to as file sharing whilst the others are file hosting. Says it all really.

Primary purpose of Mediafire, Rapidshare and others isn't to distribute files in a sharing kind of way. Deep down in Megaupload, that was the primary purpose. To circumvent copyright and share illegal content.
  3. Seems that fileserve and filesonic are closing some accounts!
  4. You are being affected Spiral ? We only started uploading a few boots to FS after they 'shut down'. My account is still active though.
  5. No i'm not personnaly affected. I've seen this on other forums. Uploaders received this message: " FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
    If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager."
  6. Yeah, same with my account. Guess all accounts are affected in that way.
  7. same message for filesonic
  8. I actually meant filesonic
  9. looks like wupload, uploadstation & filejungle are following !
  10. Yep also uploaded.to is blocking US users. As long RapidShare holds u2start is safe

11. I think everything should be Ok for U2start with bootlegs-files from U2. No profit was made and no official releases are here on the site. So filehoster have no reaseon to delete accounts.
  12. Thats not the problem, problem is that filehosts are dying around us.

As Remy said, we will keep an eye on this and there will be a plan B if we need one. There is not much to worry about for now.