1. Oh, forgot to say one thing: Yogi, you are a true artist!

2. These guys were very hard to catch in focus. Really like this pic. They're so cute.
  3. Funny Nice photo Olof.

4. I love the last one, Yogi. Very simple, yet it captures the energy and rawness of a live performance. Lovely

5. Well as far as the link goes, I wouldn't argue against Sony filter lenses because Sony are a reputable brand, even in the photography world but I would argue that you could do better. You'll notice in the Sony kit that there are some daft filters included, such as the RGB filters, sepia etc - they're all effects that are better applied manually in Photoshop.Obviously, make sure that your friend purchases the correct diamater to fit his DSLR.

As far as useful lenses go, there is a good article here that gives examples of how the filters work.

Personally, I'd seek out separate lenses because you only need to buy a few good ones that actually affect on location shooting for the better. A polarising lens would be extremely useful for landscape photography to give a much truer representation of the colours. I am in the market for one myself. The graduated neutral density lens is another good choice. Ideal for helping to prevent overexposure in shots on a cloudy day for example. Having a preference for landscape shooting myself, I can see the benefit of having these particular lenses. A consistent neutral density lens is used to deliberately darken the image, great if you want to try out a slower shutter speed without overexposing the highlights.

A warming/cooling lens may come in handy but again, they are lenses that can both be replicated in Photoshop and with a greater degree of control.
  6. Yeah, I know what each filter is used for; I just wanted to know if cheap eBay filters are to be trusted at all (23 filters for 50 pounds seems TOO cheap even for eBay standards).
  7. Well in our reputable photography stores over here, a polarising filter is around £30. Note, one isn't included in that Sony kit. The technology that goes into that filter warrants the price tag.
  8. Still haven't had time to get out and about with the SLR. I'm starting to doubt whether I want to now and just not admitting it. No point binning it just yet as the weather will be getting nicer and i'll be out and about more. I'll see how the Nokia 808 is. . . .