1. Got my first Rolling Stones tonight at Hyde Park, really looking forward to it!
  2. Enjoy! Should start this very minute!
  3. Thanks! Had a great night, they were incredible
  4. I followed the show from home via FB streams. Happy for you that your first Stones' show was a truly great one, from all I can tell, they were on fire.

Next week I will be there at Hyde Park, really looking forward to it.
  5. First part goes out on TV this weekend

6. They should have stopped when Charlie died he was such an important member of that band ,I don't know why they feel they need to continue fans would totally understand it's not as if they are touring new music it's just another greatest hits tour for the millionth time.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:They should have stopped when Charlie died he was such an important member of that band ,I don't know why they feel they need to continue fans would totally understand it's not as if they are touring new music it's just another greatest hits tour for the millionth time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Filter_Tour

Check out those numbers after the $. That's why they continue.
  8. Originally posted by popmarter:They should have stopped when Charlie died he was such an important member of that band ,I don't know why they feel they need to continue fans would totally understand it's not as if they are touring new music it's just another greatest hits tour for the millionth time.
    Who's to judge that?
    Why should they stop? They enjoy it, and a lot of people are having a great time at the shows. It's up to Mick, Keith and Ronnie when to stop.

I was really sad last August when Charlie Watts died,and I expected this to be the end for me seeing the band live, which started for me in 1990. It felt like something precious to me had ended.

But not so. For the first time ever regarding the Stones, I bought tickets for as many shows as I could afford in March, Lucky Dips for Amsterdam, Bruxelles and Gelsenkirchen and a ticket for the 2nd Hyde Park gig. I expect t cry when the Charlie tribute vid starts, but I am ready to have a great time with a lot of great people from all over the world (the Stones fanbase being a lot more relaxed and fun to hang out with than the U2 fanbase imho). This could be the last time, I don't know.
  9. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    Who's to judge that?
    Why should they stop? They enjoy it, and a lot of people are having a great time at the shows. It's up to Mick, Keith and Ronnie when to stop.

I was really sad last August when Charlie Watts died,and I expected this to be the end for me seeing the band live, which started for me in 1990. It felt like something precious to me had ended.

But not so. For the first time ever regarding the Stones, I bought tickets for as many shows as I could afford in March, Lucky Dips for Amsterdam, Bruxelles and Gelsenkirchen and a ticket for the 2nd Hyde Park gig. I expect t cry when the Charlie tribute vid starts, but I am ready to have a great time with a lot of great people from all over the world (the Stones fanbase being a lot more relaxed and fun to hang out with than the U2 fanbase imho). This could be the last time, I don't know.
    I wouldn't want U2 to continue without one of it's members regardless, are the Stones a brand or a band I know Jagger is money hungry and always was and he has a lot of child maintenance to pay but they've been on a permanent greatest hits tour for 20 years and anyone that has wanted to see them has but it's just the same repetitive setlists every tour bar one or two changes.
  10. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I wouldn't want U2 to continue without one of it's members regardless, are the Stones a brand or a band I know Jagger is money hungry and always was and he has a lot of child maintenance to pay but they've been on a permanent greatest hits tour for 20 years and anyone that has wanted to see them has but it's just the same repetitive setlists every tour bar one or two changes.
    I wouldn't want U2 to continue as well, but it's total irrelevant what we want or don't want. For any band who left a member, it's to the other bandmembers to decide to continue or not. Fans can only decide to buy or not to buy tickets/albums.

Edit: if U2 would continue without one of the members i'll probably still buy the albums and tickets, but i'm sure i'll enjoy it less than with the whole band