1. Easily the best live U2 release.
  2. Originally posted by patou2:[..]
    I enjoy a lot the "Pre-War " tour . The early version of War songs are great . And June 1983 was good for U2

I prefer the summer 83 incarnation of War songs in the festivals. Surrender didn't start as strong in the pre-war shows.
  3. did you know
    on under a blood red sky the mini album
    bono sings two Stephen Sondheim songs during electric co
    1) america :from west side story
    2) send in the clowns
    future pressings will cut out 1st song and majority of 2nd song
    if you want to own the uncut version on tape you will have to look at tape length
    side one 15:34 side2 16:48 atco records.this is the only way i know to find it.
    never found it on vinyl or cd.
  4. Yes, but Electric Co. from UABRS is from St. Goarshausen. We have a great bootleg for it with complete Electric Co.
  5. Originally posted by revjisok:did you know
    on under a blood red sky the mini album
    bono sings two Stephen Sondheim songs during electric co
    1) america :from west side story
    2) send in the clowns
    future pressings will cut out 1st song and majority of 2nd song
    if you want to own the uncut version on tape you will have to look at tape length
    side one 15:34 side2 16:48 atco records.this is the only way i know to find it.
    never found it on vinyl or cd.
    I have the original vinyl & it's all on that IR£3.99 new in 1987 !!

6. I have one vcr left that I don't trust - afraid it will eat the tape.
  7. I'm watching the DVD now, to end the night, as a tribute... God, what a show, what a band. And to think they were more or less the same age I'm now... It makes me feel so ridiculous

The whole concert is so epic, the rain, the intense cold, the crazy audience (crazy USA audience!), the flames above the stage, the "Dennis incident" at the end... The child Larry hitting at the top of his phyisical skills, Adam being and looking more badass than ever, Edge being as awesome as always, Bono just starting to become an early master of frontmanship...

8. Hey, 35 years today...
    I hope they will open a bottle of champagne during party girl at the first 2018 show in montreal
  9. YES!!!
  10. Fantastic live album. Still playing it loud these days. All good songs. Best version of Tick Tock ever. Some songs are still on the setlist, that says enough.
  11. I think it sucks.

I loved it at first, so much that I started listening to it almost in a daily basis, but after a while I started to find it boring... every time I listened to it, it was the same exact set list.

I still listen to it quite often, actually (I think this is the one show I've listened more times and that I listen to more often, seriously... is the one show that never leaves my cellphone), but ugghhhh! it's sooo fucking predictable. I wish every other time that I listen to it, it changed a couple of songs. Why not Another Time Another Place instead of Twilight? or Tomorrow instead of Surrender?

Oh, well. I'll still listen to it, but I'll still think is boring to listen to the exact same show over and over again.