1. Just love it, Red Rocks !! The concert is so epic and you can really see the quality of the band they became later on in their career. Always gives me energy
  2. 1983 ore 1984 friend of mine had the tape play it at the swimming pool (loud) ,thats when there was no turning back i was u2 fan great great live concert
  3. My uncle brought the vhs home For xmas.i watched it in a black\White tv....i still remember the moment i Heard the piano of october....i was speechless
    And the moment i saw Bono's smile.he seems to go backstage but IWF Starts and he comes back on stage.
    Lovely moment of My Youth.i remember it as it was Yesterday
  4. Awesome , in the UK it was first aired on The Tube I recall , it was clear from first viewing they were destined to be the best live band in the world
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I think it sucks.

I loved it at first, so much that I started listening to it almost in a daily basis, but after a while I started to find it boring... every time I listened to it, it was the same exact set list.

I still listen to it quite often, actually (I think this is the one show I've listened more times and that I listen to more often, seriously... is the one show that never leaves my cellphone), but ugghhhh! it's sooo fucking predictable. I wish every other time that I listen to it, it changed a couple of songs. Why not Another Time Another Place instead of Twilight? or Tomorrow instead of Surrender?

Oh, well. I'll still listen to it, but I'll still think is boring to listen to the exact same show over and over again.
    I... I think I get what you're trying to do
  6. Red rocks is a classic show. It’s funny because I don’t rate war and October too highly compared to there other work but they played probably the best stuff from each album, as well as a couple of non album songs and had amazing performances of each song as well. A Day Without Me is maybe the highlight, bono saying ‘don’t forget this evening, we won’t forget this evening’ in the middle of what is just an incredible performance of the song.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Red rocks is a classic show. It’s funny because I don’t rate war and October too highly compared to there other work but they played probably the best stuff from each album, as well as a couple of non album songs and had amazing performances of each song as well. A Day Without Me is maybe the highlight, bono saying ‘don’t forget this evening, we won’t forget this evening’ in the middle of what is just an incredible performance of the song.
    I had forgotten about A Day Without Me. I had to go re-watch it after reading your post. Great performance of that song. It's fun to see Bono playing a Fender.
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I think it sucks.

I loved it at first, so much that I started listening to it almost in a daily basis, but after a while I started to find it boring... every time I listened to it, it was the same exact set list.

I still listen to it quite often, actually (I think this is the one show I've listened more times and that I listen to more often, seriously... is the one show that never leaves my cellphone), but ugghhhh! it's sooo fucking predictable. I wish every other time that I listen to it, it changed a couple of songs. Why not Another Time Another Place instead of Twilight? or Tomorrow instead of Surrender?

Oh, well. I'll still listen to it, but I'll still think is boring to listen to the exact same show over and over again.
    You say that, but when Red Rocks first came out, some songs were left out. And then there were these bootlegs that had A Day Without Me and ITABTAW from London 82 as the encore...

In fact, I have never seen so much rotation between one show...

9. I still remember this tour. I saw them 2 weeks after this show!

6 minutes 52 seconds of pure joy, right here:

I still always wonder why they decided to release this as an EP instead of a full live album...
  10. My U2 fandom started with Under a bloodredsky.
  11. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:I still remember this tour. I saw them 2 weeks after this show!

6 minutes 52 seconds of pure joy, right here:

[YouTube Video]

I still always wonder why they decided to release this as an EP instead of a full live album...
    Keeping the price down to attract new fans