1. Originally posted by Papo:For years I assumed that the 'send in the clowns' - part (which is unfortunately missing from current editions) during The Electric Co. was an U2 original/part of the song.
    I only learnt about the Sondheim-song in the 1990s.
    How about you?
    The Send in the clowns part was my first reason to start collecting. My brother had the (mini)LP, so i knew the Send in the clowns part was there. I got the cd late 80's or early 90's for my birthday and that part was missing. I kept looking till i found the cd with Send in the clowns. That was the moment i figured that there were releases with some major and some minor differences and that was also the moment that i wanted them all!!

Now years later, i concluded that it's impossible to have every version of releases and keep it by a vinyl and cd version. Fortunately the releases are now worldwide and no longer for each country separately.
  2. Still my favourite live album!

3. just found out about this release
  4. Same but louder?
  5. tomorrow sydney 93 turns 30, it will be released? i hope so
  6. Me too! Thanks for posting this!
    (They should have expanded it with a few additional tracks, however....kinda like The Beatles Red and Blue albums).
  7. No, I think it would have taken away from the legacy of the album. It is a fantastic release except some dubious live noise edits.
  8. Is the sound of 2023 remaster a real improvement? Thanks for answer...
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Me too! Thanks for posting this!
    (They should have expanded it with a few additional track, however....kinda like The Beatles Red and Blue albums).
    It’s sad the amount of fans that buy this and screw themselves. The less you demand the less you get. If nobody bought all the stuff we already have they would 100% release stuff we don’t already have. But if they can make money of stuff we already have that’s all we’ll get.
  10. Any version of this album with this original (but edited) track listing is always going to be inferior, due to legality-- why don't they release more from the Red Rocks show in audio form? I'm not wasting my money on this release, just like I won't be buying the yellow-colored Zooropa LPs.
  11. I made my mom buy the vinyl for me back in 1984. Might have been my first personal record. Absolutely the ideal introduction to U2. Been a fan ever since. For a long time this and the EP with the live versions of Bad and A Sort of Homecoming were my favorites.