1. Originally posted by miryclay:No, I think it would have taken away from the legacy of the album. It is a fantastic release except some dubious live noise edits.
    Yup.

2. Compared to the 2008 version yes I find it an improvement. The volume on that one was so high in places that there was some clipping present. This version gets that right. It’s a little more dynamic overall. One downside? Crowd noise has been reduced a bit and I find myself missing it…

3. Compared to the 2008 version yes I find it an improvement. The volume on that one was so high in places that there was some clipping present. This version gets that right. It’s a little more dynamic overall. One downside? Crowd noise has been reduced a bit and I find myself missing it…
  4. I hadn't watched it for a while, yesterday I decided to watch it and I didn't remember how incredible this show is, sometimes some U2 shows become trivialized in our heads because we've watched it thousands of times, but in this case I was really surprised by how ahead in terms of performance U2 was already in 1983. historic show
  5. I still find it funny that U2 posts a new remastered clip of October/New Years Day to promote the release of the remastered UABRS when that version is not even on that release.
  6. Originally posted by unclejosh:I still find it funny that U2 posts a new remastered clip of October/New Years Day to promote the release of the remastered UABRS when that version is not even on that release.
    And yet another reason why they should have expanded the release!
  7. As I’ve rewatched this show yesterday in its completion and with its audio equalized to perfection in my listening room, I can say that for me, this was the band’s best performance ever, they’ve never played a show like Red Rocks in their career before or after. No flaws, right speed, not a single vocal flaw from Bono. Then, of course, the ambient of amphitheater and the rain made it even better and iconic, but in a few words I think that this was the best U2 prestation ever. I would like to hear opinions or advices for other great performances like this one
  8. Live Aid was pretty good but only the 2 songs (should have been 3) . Red Rocks is brilliant and was a transformational moment for the bands profile .