1. Maybe it is live. U2 are quick movers, check the Slane dvd

2. I mean live as in on stage in Dublin. This was covered for a benefit gig for the lead singer of Aslan. Everyone else performed at the benefit gig in Dublin. U2 recorded this and had it played on screens at the gig. I'm sure they had their reasons.
  3. Probably a schedule clash I think

4. No time for a day trip to Dublin but time to record and film in a studio for a few days. Ah well. Would have been nicer to have had them there and doing this live but nice to hear it regardless.
  5. thanks for posting this, sounds really good...I really miss these guys!!
    They all sound pretty good to me.
    Edge does sound U2ey, true...but it IS his sound anyway.
    Bono's doing well, the falsettos sound good.
    And I love how Adam's bass sounds, goes well with the song.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

No time for a day trip to Dublin but time to record and film in a studio for a few days. Ah well. Would have been nicer to have had them there and doing this live but nice to hear it regardless.

It probably took them no more than a few hours to get it filmed. It's not like they were the ones producing it or editing. They all had sheet music there to play off as well. I don't think they spent more than a day there doing that.
  7. At the first chords I want to sing 'We crossed the line...who pushed who over' it just sounds that way
  8. I see what you mean
  9. welcome back boys; i'm a few days late to this party but it's a great performance of a nice tune. they definitely seem re-energised.
  10. Anyone notice that Christy Dignam and Bono are born on the same month (May) of the same year (1960) in the same area (Finglas, Dublin)? Just a fun fact I just noticed...
  11. Anyone have an audio download of this....it sounds really good....Bono's voice sounds in top form!!