1. U2 should not be using sorcery, that leads to the dark side....

Anyway that upload of 'Mothers of the Disappeared' was nice. I can't tell if it's a 16x9 crop of a 4x3 made to look like a widescreen transfer or if it actually was shot wide 35mm. I think Phil Joanou shot in both 35mm and 8mm?
  2. Originally posted by DerBFreund:[..]

I love this late 87 and the 98 performances, the heart they put into this amazing song, one of my favorites. Although I understand why they don't play it that much, it's a shame it remains a rather obscure song

really for specials occasions

I don t know why they played during 360 tour many times but not in Argentina
  3. Originally posted by INCA:Man if that whole WOWY performance is a glorified soundcheck I will be most disappointed. It destroys one of the best "live" parts of the film if that's the case.

Like finding out (years later) that Pride (In the Name of Love) on the album was doctored to a higher pitch.

Bad and A Sort of Homecoming on Wide Awake In America EP are from soundchecks.

Larry can't play 'Red Hill Mining Town' live because the drum part is "too hard".
    Where does that Larry thing come from? Never heard it before
  4. Originally posted by INCA:Man if that whole WOWY performance is a glorified soundcheck I will be most disappointed. It destroys one of the best "live" parts of the film if that's the case.
    It's live. I have the boot and it's the exact performance.
    Like finding out (years later) that Pride (In the Name of Love) on the album was doctored to a higher pitch.

Bad and A Sort of Homecoming on Wide Awake In America EP are from soundchecks.

Larry can't play 'Red Hill Mining Town' live because the drum part is "too hard".
  5. WOWY is the only song with no audience shots. There is an interview somewhere with Phil Joanou I believe, who revealed it was shot the day after the show in an empty stadium in Tempe.
  6. Not exactly R&H related buttttttt check this out at around 24:20:

There's a brief excerpt from Pride that's labelled as "Boston '87". Since the documentary was filmed at the end of May (around the Modena shows), it would be strange that it features footage from the September Boston shows - so I assume it's wrongly labelled footage from the Worcester shows. Worcester is around 75 kms away from Boston so I can understand the mistake, but my point is: they were already filming the Joshua shows in video (and with a very similar format to R&H) way before the third leg? That means there's a lot of lost proshot footage from the 1st and 2nd leg, sitting in someone's vault
  7. As i think i got it in the 1980's in VHS, i got also tv reports from US channels or even irish RTE tv channel, so maybe from tv reports they included in rte doc... i dont think they got joanou crew before 1987 3rd leg
  8. Yeah, I don't think so either, but the filming is similar. I wonder how many footage from previous legs we're missing...
  9. Back on topic... A new video has been uploaded.

Welcome... To the unforgettable fire! ♥