1. I really started to appreciate this songs after the live performances.
    Powerful one. They should've kept the Mofo snippet at the beginning though.
    Felt so sincere.
  2. Originally posted by BelgianBono:I really started to appreciate this songs after the live performances.
    Powerful one. They should've kept the Mofo snippet at the beginning though.
    Felt so sincere.
    Sincere Mofo snippet at the beginning and "she wore lemon/See through in the sunlight/" at the end as the video of Iris plays.
  3. I actually teared up a bit during Iris last night at LA (and am not ashamed to admit that). I think Bono's preface for the song plus the visuals add a sigifcant degree of gravity to the lyrics. Plus, those last lines are super profound on their own.
  4. I didn't care much for this song when I first heard it, but now when it's been played live I love it. Bono sings it so passionately, it has a lot of emotion. I can't understand how Bono manages to sing it every night without crying
  5. The way Edge adds those subtle notes at the beginning really sets the mood.
  6. Originally posted by DerBFreund:I didn't care much for this song when I first heard it, but now when it's been played live I love it. Bono sings it so passionately, it has a lot of emotion. I can't understand how Bono manages to sing it every night without crying
    Before the tour I thought that they might skip this song altogether because the last third of it sounds way too emotional for me.

No, my eyes don't get all wetty when I listen to the "she tells me I can do it all" or the "it was not me" because of it, it's just a coincidence.
  7. It's my favorite now.
    How many times I've belted out "Hold me clooooose" in my car...
  8. This is my most sung U2 song from the past few months.

PS. I'm sorry, neighbors who have been graced by my poor excuse of a singing voice.
  9. Just came to here to say that I HATE when Bono sings "Something in your eyes took a thousand years to getting/get in here" live instead of "to get here" as on the album.
  10. I also hate that he changed his avatar.
  11. Minor stylistic issue that can't damage the song even if it tried.