1. Mr. Macphisto's Advocate here:

Am I the only one that thinks we could be reading into this a little too much?

2. We’re collaborating with Apple on some cool stuff over the next couple of years, innovations that will transform the way music is listened to and viewed. We’ll keep you posted. If you like Songs of Innocence, stay with us for Songs of Experience. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I’ve said that before…

There's not much to read into It's all pretty clear. We can debate if they'll deliver or not, but the statement is there.
  3. I think it would be pretty cool if they released a second album really soon - like within the next week. It may seem a bit "gimmicky" but what doesn't seem that way to the way things were done a decade ago - and doing something different worked very well a few years back for Radiohead.

(Although U2 has been around for well over a decade than Radiohead, at this point in time I think it is getting safer to make comparisons between the two bands).
  4. Originally posted by blink:I like the trilogy idea:

Songs Of Innocence
    Songs Of Experience
    Songs Of Ascent

Which would make the title of the last one quite poignant

Kinda reminds me of the trilogy Green Day did: Uño, Dos & Tré. Except now it's with U2!

5. Admittedly, a better comparison than my Radiohead one.
  6. I'm starting to wonder if it might have been a joke or a metaphor of some kind....but clearly he knew we would all take that as a hint for another album...soo...
  7. For some reason, I always kind of felt that once (for a while there, if) this album came out, we wouldn't have more than probably 2-3 years til the next album. It looks like I might have actually been right...
  8. Hoping for an AB/Zooropa timed type release, would be amazing.
  9. Looked back at this again.

Still not ready to even fathom the possibility of multiple albums released within the year.
  10. Here's to hoping for North star and mercy to be at least bonus tracks on this one
  11. Just woke up after last nights crazyness and I had to double check this stuff, just in case I had dreamt it all.

Thank God I hadnt.

I live this band to the deepest.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

We’re collaborating with Apple on some cool stuff over the next couple of years, innovations that will transform the way music is listened to and viewed. We’ll keep you posted. If you like Songs of Innocence, stay with us for Songs of Experience. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I’ve said that before…

There's not much to read into It's all pretty clear. We can debate if they'll deliver or not, but the statement is there.

INDEED

I think it'll be out soon enough like Bono says: this album will be more successful than NLOTH, so they won't shy away. And 'look out for vol. 2' is pretty much writtein in the title - SOI/SOE.

Exciting time!