1. no albums for 5 years, next minute, 3 in the space of 16 months.

If north star is on one of them, i hope it gets the same makeover as EBW
  2. Have you heard the transformers snippet? It's not what it was on 360. Mercy and stingray deserve official releases too, three albums is more than enough to squeeze them in. Especially if they do want a classic sound u2, mercy is that song
  3. Originally posted by Remy:All I can think of that we heard the very same thing around No Line. How they had 60 songs ready to be put on CDs. In the end we got one new album in 10 years time.

That said I of course would love two new albums in the next two years, maybe I'm just a pessimist here!

True, the only difference is that Bono acknowledged he has said this many times before (about another new album). They have the material and SOI is good, so they should have the confidence to release the rest soon enough.
  4. I guess there will be 5 more:

Songs of Innocence = 1976-1983, they were innocent
    Songs of Experience = 1983-1987, they were experienced
    Songs of Brilliance = 1987-1994, they were brilliant
    Songs of Ascent = 1995-2003, they were high and spiritual
    Songs of Relevance = 2004-2014, they were in doubt
    Songs of Legacy = 2014-2019, their last ever album.
  5. To be followed by 'Songs Of Retirement' including songs about not having found the food you were looking for, where the food menu has no name and how it's to be with or without a napkin.
  6. Listening to Beautiful Ghost (Introduction To Songs of Experience) from The Joshua Tree Remaster. They have been playing with that title for sometime now. This song along with Wave of Sorrow (Birdland) seem to fit very well with the style of Songs of Innocence.
  7. Listening to Songs Of Innocence does sound like it is the early years and it is incomplete, definitely sounds like more to come....what a Great idea for a reflection of their lives! So much for writers block....
  8. Originally posted by drewhiggins:To be followed by 'Songs Of Retirement' including songs about not having found the food you were looking for, where the food menu has no name and how it's to be with or without a napkin.

9. Originally posted by fastcars:Listening to Songs Of Innocence does sound like it is the early years and it is incomplete, definitely sounds like more to come....what a Great idea for a reflection of their lives! So much for writers block....

Yes, there's a whole side of U2 that's not represented in that album - the Invisible/Boy Fall/Ordinary Love side. But yes: it sounds like there's more to come - they've been accumulating unpublished material since 2006 now...
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

I doubt it will be. Of all the songs they tried on 360 that'd probably be the last one I'd expect. Like Ordinary Love it was written for another purpose and it was already released on the Spider-Man soundtrack anyway.

I think you're more likely to see something like North Star, but even that was finished and in Transformers...

Yes. On the other hand, nobody has a decent version of NS, and BFFTS was released, but has never been recorded by U2 as far as we know. It is a good song, well-worth getting out I think... a new NS, BFFTS, Invisible - this is already 1/4 of a pretty decent album...
  11. I hope that the last album will be named: Man (because the first was Boy)