1. I’m happy to be in the minority in preferring SOE over SOI
  2. Minority? I love Songs of Innocence. But I put Songs of Experience right up alongside Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, and Pop. They're all pretty much tied for my favorite U2 album.
  3. Personally, I have made a single album from SoI & SoE as neither album is strong enough on their own IMO...

1:
    The Miracle
    The Blackout
    Lights of Home (St. Peters String Version)
    Every Breaking Wave (from acoustic sessions)
    Summer Of Love
    The Troubles

2:
    Iris (hold me close)
    Cedarwood road
    Song for Someone
    Love is all we have left
    The little things that give you away
    Love is bigger than anything in its way

(Bet theres a thread on combined Soi & SoE elsewhere!)
  4. Listening to this album again this afternoon, I think it is a far darker album than Pop or Achtung Baby in it's subject matters. As a collective piece it does seem to my mind having storm clouds over it. 'The Showman' is probably the lightest most throw away moment on it.
  5. Originally posted by EridescoFly:Listening to this album again this afternoon, I think it is a far darker album than Pop or Achtung Baby in it's subject matters. As a collective piece it does seem to my mind having storm clouds over it. 'The Showman' is probably the lightest most throw away moment on it.
    Yeah the album is their darkest, its goodbye letters to everyone
  6. I think you could be right. Of course I hope it's not their last but it is very telling.
  7. IMO there should be at least 2 more album, one to end the Songs of trilogy, and their last album should be called Man
  8. That would be a fitting conclusion! I'm hoping for Songs Of Ascent since it was mentioned way back when NLOTH was released.
  9. When they release the last album, Man won't be relevant at that time... it would be called Grandpa
  10. Originally posted by ilucas1:Personally, I have made a single album from SoI & SoE as neither album is strong enough on their own IMO...

1:
    The Miracle
    The Blackout
    Lights of Home (St. Peters String Version)
    Every Breaking Wave (from acoustic sessions)
    Summer Of Love
    The Troubles

2:
    Iris (hold me close)
    Cedarwood road
    Song for Someone
    Love is all we have left
    The little things that give you away
    Love is bigger than anything in its way

(Bet theres a thread on combined Soi & SoE elsewhere!)
    Well your pick is like 80-90% off of What i would pick for an ok album...

11. I did see it live hate u2 songs like this. But the worst live SoE track is: lights of home. Wtf like 2/3 is taped and edge plays along
  12. I personally love this record, and it's securely in my U2 top 5, I think it's melodically adventurous, I think it's lighthearted which isn't something they do often. I think it's a great 5pm record, as the sun is going down, the optimism of the first have starts to give way to the darker themed songs as night sets in.