1. Larry's bass drum is AWESOME in this! This song should've just been included in the original copy of SOI
  2. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:"...yes I can change the world...
    I can't change the world in me..."

From "Rejoice:"
    "I can't change the world
    But I can change the world in me"

Hmmmmm….

Well spotted! I like the Rejoice ones better btw
  3. Cool song, btw - very cool.
  4. I caved and gave it a listen (just in case Adelaide is hit by a meteorite tonight and i wouldn't have got to hear it)

so glad the stingray riff (also the Glastonbury riff) got to see the light of day, liked the 1st play through.

why not just put these 2 songs on the album and have it come in at 13 tracks?

5. Yep, exactly my thoughts yesterday. A longer album for a change would have been excellent (specially since both Lucifer and Ballroom fit sonically and thematically with the rest of the album), and then leave the acoustic session + Invisible + the alternate versions for the bonus CD. Missed oportunity
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Yep, exactly my thoughts yesterday. A longer album for a change would have been excellent (specially since both Lucifer and Ballroom fit sonically and thematically with the rest of the album), and then leave the acoustic session + Invisible + the alternate versions for the bonus CD. Missed oportunity

I think they're good songs, but I'm actually happy with the current 11 + extras format. The songs are good, but I find the material on the album is even better. Me thinks.

Do we know who produced the new tracks?
  7. Stingray?! Really?

Damn I need to get my hands on this somehow ASAP.
  8. If they had put those two songs on the album, I wouldn't have bought the deluxe version...more CDs, more money....
  9. Originally posted by virlio:If they had put those two songs on the album, I wouldn't have bought the deluxe version...more CDs, more money....

this is probably on the money.

Give the world 11 songs for free, but keep 2 for the official deluxe release so all the diehards still hand over the cash.
  10. Keep this in mind.
    One single leg of sold out concerts probably gives them more profit than whatever copies they're gonna sell of this.