1. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

this is probably on the money.

Give the world 11 songs for free, but keep 2 for the official deluxe release so all the diehards still hand over the cash.

And then those who bought it get priority access to tickets?
  2. I actually like the 11 song format for an album. At 13 it risks feeling "too long" if that makes sense. At the same time, with 11 songs you get one, maybe two slots for throwaways so there is pressure to make sure the 11 songs you pick are solid.
  3. I really like this song. Blasting it on repeat forbtwo days now! Really love that the Stingray riff is alive and well, not like the short Glastonbury at the end of Volcano. This will be a monster live song if they decide to play it, as we already know!

Now that these two have survived on records, I'm really hoping for proper North Star too.
  4. Originally posted by Gridlock:I really like this song. Blasting it on repeat forbtwo days now! Really love that the Stingray riff is alive and well, not like the short Glastonbury at the end of Volcano. This will be a monster live song if they decide to play it, as we already know!

Now that these two have survived on records, I'm really hoping for proper North Star too.

yeh im hoping North Star appears on SoE

"It's not a song of discontent
    I've money now, it's me that spent
    Here I am a space cowboy
    Looking out for love and logic in the universe"

this line seems to lend itself to someone with experience rather than innocence.
    thats assuming the line is still even in the song.
  5. Liking this a lot more than Volcano (and even that I'm starting to warm to a fair bit). Great bass and drum work.
  6. What is that awesome "whistley/chimey" sound that comes after the guitar? Who is making it?
  7. Lyrics updated on our song pages, the mysterious verse is finally know, thanks to the booklet that came with the album
  8. Originally posted by Remy:Lyrics updated on our song pages, the mysterious verse is finally know, thanks to the booklet that came with the album

I wonder if the lyrics are really what he is singing? The SOI booklet is off a bit here and there, but it really doesn't matter.
  9. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

I wonder if the lyrics are really what he is singing? The SOI booklet is off a bit here and there, but it really doesn't matter.

Bono and his own personal language are hard to decifer, so we'll have to stick to the official booklet lyrics for the moment I guess
  10. It's been over 30 years and nobody has the expertise to proclaim themselves proficient at Bongolese.
  11. I really like this song. "at the talent show where your talent is your rage"

12. Same here! Love the lyrics!