1. LOL is saw that on YouTube yesterday
  2. Well, you know... you can make a pretty strong case for that one too..
  3. Yes, indeed, like a buddy of mine, which offers this:
    Interestingly the Vertigo 1, 2 , 3 , 14 is a riddle ( I'm sure Bono could say 4 in Spanish.)

1, first part of the Bible

2, 2nd book Exodus

3, 3rd chapter

14, vs 14 " And God said to Moses I AM who I AM ( Yahweh)

4. What about π ?

#OFFTOPIC
  5. That's what I meant.
    Obviously I thought it was very far fetched at first. But...

...in At The End Of The World, there's a moment when Bono's arguing with Bill Flanagan about great song writers, Bono mentions Neil Diamond and he proceeds to explain the meaning of the song "I am... I said", making it clear that when Neil Diamond says "I Am" he's actually saying "Yahweh" ("I Am" = "Yahweh"), based on (and he quotes) that bible passage when God says to Moses "I Am who I Am" (or "I am I Am"), which as we know is the passage we're talking about.

Anyway... Bono being very aware of that passage and about the meaning of it, and being known for being very careful and meaningful about every line in his lyrics, then it's not really far fetched that in an album where the closing song is titled "Yahweh", an album that includes a song with the lyrics "All Because of You I Am", the very first words that open that album could be -coincidentally- a reference to that same passage.

...or maybe he was just drunk. Always possible.
  6. With U2 is never a coincidence. I can truly buy the Yahweh reference in the wrong counting at Vertigo and then closing the album precisely with Yahweh. After all, Bono is a illuminati, isn't he?
  7. He's Irish. That's actually the most plausible and probably accurate explanation.
  8. I heard it had to do with Steve Lillywhite working on their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 14th album (including Wide Awake In America, Under A Blood Red Sky and Passengers)...I also heard it on Rick Dees so...
  9. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    I heard it had to do with Steve Lillywhite working on their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 14th album (including Wide Awake In America, Under A Blood Red Sky and Passengers)...I also heard it on Rick Dees so...
    I heard that interpretation too. It kind of makes sense. I think we can discard the "someone played a joke on Bono with his Spanish" theory.
  10. What does the quatorce theories have to do with Lucifer's Hands ?
    Is 14 Lucifer's number ?!
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:With U2 is never a coincidence. I can truly buy the Yahweh reference in the wrong counting at Vertigo and then closing the album precisely with Yahweh. After all, Bono is a illuminati, isn't he?
    He did the illuminati sign during EBTTRT in Vancouver 2