We would like to know which shows you attended and which shows you are going to attend. On this page you can see which members attended or are going to attend this show. Maybe you can send some of them a private message to meet up or talk about this show.
Great performance, one of the best from this European leg. They had some problems at the beginning of All Because Of You.
Very good sound. If feels like a soundboard, since the audience is practically removed. Recording: "Vertigo Tour 2005 Gothenburg" - 4.5 stars
I'm sure they were great, Bono was quite impressed and you can hear them between songs, but this bootleg filters the audience considerably. I like loud crowds, so unfortunately for me, this is a drawback.
In terms of sound and performance, this is one of the best Vertigo bootlegs. If you're looking for European Vertigo shows, get this and the next one at Copenhagen, they're practically identical, snippets and all. I may prefer the latter because you can actually hear the audience, but this one is pretty good too.
-- See Me, Feel Me snippet in Electric Co.
-- Beautiful Day. I really like the Vertigo versions with Sgt. Pepper snippet, very powerful ending.
-- Nice singing in Miss Sarajevo
-- One with both Rain and Hear Us Coming snippets. Bono was very happy to be in Gothenburg and the help Sweden gave to Africa.
-- Billy Boola snippet in The Fly, although I prefer the I Can't Get No Satisfaction snippet in other shows.
-- Party Girl. Not very strong, but I always love to see it in a bootleg. Bono started with audience only and then the band joined him. This is one of the songs where I'd love to hear more of the audience. Again, they were fantastic, but we can't hear them!
By the way, the Velvet Dress snippet is just that, Bono saying (not even singing) "If You Wear That Velvet Dress". That's a shame, I was expecting at least a note from the song.
Welcome to our audio page, on this page you can download lossy (MP3) and sometimes even the lossless (mostly FLAC) audio recordings (also known as bootlegs) of this show. The available recordings are sorted on the type of recording and the quality of the recording.
An amazing U2 photo for every month of the year. Order the
U2start calendar and support the community.
Help! Which recording should I choose? How do I play this? How can I convert these files to MP3? Answers to all your questions and a lot of general information, we have documented it all on our help and info pages.
We hope you enjoy this recording!
Can we ask you to write a short review after you have listened?.
NB: mp3 download does not include the bonus tracks, and "disc 2 "01- Intro [1:35]"
is omitted as there is no fade between BTBS and MS (seamless transition)
"Vertigo Tour 2005 Gothenburg"
Source : CD Silver (Crystal Cat Records)
Num. cat. : CC 771-72
Disc 1 & 2 (1-11) : 29/07/2005, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Disc 2 (12-15) : 02/04/2005 Arrowhead Pond, Anaheim, CA, USA.
Disc 1: [1:14:02]
01. Vertigo [3:55]
02. I Will Follow [4:18]
03. The Electric Co. / I Can't Stand The Rain / Bullet With Butterfly Wings [5:27]
04. Elevation [5:07]
05. New Year's Day [4:54]
06. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / Blackbird [5:26]
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For [5:01]
08. All I Want Is You [4:17]
09. City Of Blinding Lights [7:54]
10. Miracle Drug [5:33]
11. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own [5:11]
12. Love And Peace Or Else [5:04]
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday [6:38]
14. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home / Please / Hands That Build America [5:17]
Disc 2: [1:17:58]
01. Intro [1:35]
02. Miss Sarajevo [5:21]
03. Pride (In The Name Of Love) [4:12]
04. Where The Streets Have No Name [8:46]
05. One / Rain [8:54]
06. Zoo Station [4:45]
07. The Fly / Billy Boola [5:31]
08. With Or Without You [7:23]
09. All Because Of You [3:40]
10. Party Girl [3:21]
11. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach [6:56]
12. An Cat Dubh [3:59]
13. Into The Heart [3:09]
14. Mysterious Ways [6:09]
15. Yahweh [4:17]
Audio / MP3
Bit rate: 224, bit depth: 16, sample rate: 44100, channels: 2
Source: TCD-7 & OKMIIR
Transfer: DTC-59 ES (optical) => Steinberg get it on CD (faded & normalized)
=> wav CDWave (tracks) - FlacFrontend (Level 8) => flac
Disc 1: [1:16:47]
01. Intro [2:41]
02. Vertigo [3:48]
03. I Will Follow [4:18]
04. The Electric Co. / Can't Stand The Rain (snippet) [5:29]
05. Elevation [5:05]
06. New Year's Day [4:58]
07. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet) / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) [5:28]
08. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For [5:03]
09. All I Want Is You [4:17]
10. City Of Blinding Lights [6:47]
11. Miracle Drug (Intro) [1:16]
12. Miracle Drug [5:22]
13. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet) [5:12]
14. Love And Peace Or Else [5:05]
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday [6:41]
16. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / Please (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet) [5:08]
17. Audience [0:09]
Disc 2: [1:00:10]
01. Audience [0:12]
02. Miss Sarajevo (Intro) [1:42]
03. Miss Sarajevo [4:24]
04. Human Rights Declaration [0:47]
05. Pride (In The Name Of Love) [4:15]
06. Where The Streets Have No Name [6:07]
07. One (Intro) [2:38]
08. One [5:29]
09. Rain [0:58]
10. Audience [1:29]
11. Zoo Station (Intro) [0:57]
12. Zoo Station [4:48]
13. The Fly / Billy Boola (snippet) [5:28]
14. With Or Without You [5:40]
15. Audience [1:58]
16. All Because Of You [4:03]
17. Party Girl [3:24]
18. Vertigo [4:51]
19. The End [1:00]
Comment: This one was hard work and it cost me some nerves... I have never been so close to the Vertigo stage (far right side) which was great but there were lots of security people all around me, one right behind me (you can even hear him on the tape ;-) Especially during the first half of the show when it was not dark yet I had to change my postion a bit sometimes or even bend down in order not to be seen.... U2Seek
We do not have any download links available for this source. Submit if you do!
Welcome to our photo page, on this page you can view and download high resolution and high quality photos of this show. No low resolution or low quality photos are accepted, you only see the very best of the best. Of course you can also upload your own high resolution and high quality photos easily.
"Adam was bringing a lot of panache to the proceedings, and he was starting to produce a really great bass sound, even though he was a very eccentric bass player. He could play really complicated things easily and then be unable to clap in time and you'd be left just scratching your head."
did you know
U2 were the first band to sell a million CDs for 1987's The Joshua Tree.