1. Why?

1) It hasn't got many proper live performances since ZooTV, the album version remains superior.
    2) It has been abused for a lot of political and campaigning stuff with boring long intro's.
    3) After 5 tours of being a regular it's time to give other songs some quality time on stage.

And if they stick with it, at least I hope they include the Hear Us Coming part.
  2. After watching From The Sky Down, I gotta recognise that One has grown on me as a song due to the special meaning it had and has for the band. After all, if One hadn't appeared out of somewhere in the middle of Sick Puppy, U2 could have (quite probably "would have") split up. That makes me have a soft spot for it

That being said, I heartfully agree that the Hear Us Coming snippet should be mandatory
  3. Originally posted by Remy:Why?

1) It hasn't got many proper live performances since ZooTV, the album version remains superior.
    2) It has been abused for a lot of political and campaigning stuff with boring long intro's.
    3) After 5 tours of being a regular it's time to give other songs some quality time on stage.

And if they stick with it, at least I hope they include the Hear Us Coming part.
    forgive me, dear, but I totally disagree.

One is THE song by U2 and essential to be heard, no matter if it is someone's very first or 100th U2 show. It belongs to them like Streets, e,g,
    A U2 show without One in the setlist is not "complete".

My two pennies
  4. I agree that it has been on the decline for years, but they have an opportunity now to breathe new life into it again with the orchestra. It would be a waste to take them on the road just for Every Breakinng Wave. The performance in Modena still ranks high, perhaps the highest. I don't think they'd consider dropping it for one second, but it is time to give it a little kick.

Also, I agree that Hear Us Coming is an absolute must. As is Shine Like Stars. Take note Bono.
  5. It needs stripped back. Reduce the overpowering organ and get back to the bass line driving the song. Kill the speeches as well.
  6. I also disagree.

But indeed U2, please reinvent One, play it like you did during the Zoo TV tour. Or with a orchestra.

Hear Us Coming is an absolute must.

(same also for WOWY)
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:It needs stripped back. Reduce the overpowering organ and get back to the bass line driving the song. Kill the speeches as well.
    Good musical points. The organ needs lowered, Edge's guitar needs some bite again and Adam needs to be present again. Amen.
  8. No, it's one of their best songs and unmissable like Streets. They could rework it a bit though.
  9. As a diehard U2 fan, even I would be bitterly disappointed if they dropped one.
  10. I wouldn't drop it if we could have version with orchestra.... that Modena 1995 is maybe best version of the song... so one of the two nights could include that.
    I would drop WOWY
  11. Originally posted by Alvin:I wouldn't drop it if we could have version with orchestra.... that Modena 1995 is maybe best version of the song... so one of the two nights could include that.
    I would drop WOWY
    I would drop WOWY, Still Haven't Found and many others instead of One, no doubt
  12. WOWY and Still haven't found are also essential songs for me... why can't they just play 5-hours gigs and stick to the big ones as well as introduce the new songs...
    /wishful thinking