2015-09-08 - Amsterdam
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. From tumblr (http://bonojour.tumblr.com/):

“Yeah, we’ll shine like stars in the summer night.
    We’ll shine like stars on the beach’s sand.
    One heart, one love… for a boy from Amsterdam.”

On the 13th I met Bono and Edge for the second time this week… and that’s where the magic started. A transcript of the meeting:
    Bono: [walks up to me and sees my ONE campaign shirt] “I’m gonna sign that.”
    Me: “Well this is gonna convince people!”
    Bono: “That’s cool!”
    Me: “Thanks so much, are you gonna sing Shine Like Stars?”
    Bono: “I’m gonna sing it for you.”

Then he said “What’s your name again?” and started signing the Irish flag I brought with me.
    Me: [chuckling] “What does it say?”
    Bono: “It says ‘shine like stars cause the darkness is afraid of you’”

I did not expect Bono to keep his words to be honest, considering there were tons of people and he’s a busy man who forgets stuff.. but then I heard U2 soundcheck (I was inside for ONE) and heard him sing it!! I couldn’t believe it!! (I also heard them trying to get Magnificent right)

When With Or Without You started playing I already got teary-eyed because I knew there was a chance. And then he sang it.. and I cried so hard and jumped so high up in the air that I completely missed the fact that he sang “for a boy from Amsterdam.”

Thank you so much Bono.. Words cannot describe how much this means to me.

2. As if I needed another reason to love this band. What an amazing story! For Bono and Edge to walk up to you because you were carrying an Irish flag and wearing a One shirt. And then to give you a shout out at the show during your snippet request. He's a lot more humble than people give him credit for.
  3. "40" from the 2nd verse to the bands exit off stage... Epic show ending!
  4. How is the final show tape that surfaced? I will indeed download it if it has good sound quality.
  5. You can listen to a sample on the show page.
  6. I really like it - I think it is even a bit underrated; 4 stars imo - or, if I may quote Butterking from the legendary JEMS, "Another outstanding audie. Well done. So glad to see Magnificent back in the set." (comment on dimeadozen)
  7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    I really like it - I think it is even a bit underrated; 4 stars imo - or, if I may quote Butterking from the legendary JEMS, "Another outstanding audie. Well done. So glad to see Magnificent back in the set." (comment on dimeadozen)
    It's a good boot! Heard ones of 4* that were worse. Man, what a show. I didn't even realise Bad was that good during the show...probably because some at the rail fainted and had to be helped by security and the security guy of Edge (don't know his name)
  8. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    It's a good boot! Heard ones of 4* that were worse. Man, what a show. I didn't even realise Bad was that good during the show...probably because some at the rail fainted and had to be helped by security and the security guy of Edge (don't know his name)
    Ha, I noticed that! Quite the thing going on there.