2015-09-08 - Amsterdam
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. Standard journalists review which there are many of them.
  2. My translation of the opening paragraphs:

"It starts already so modest, and so for U2 quite remarkable: Bono walking in through the backdoor of the Dutch Ziggo Dome around half past eight, Tuesday evening with the bright house lights still on. The crowd is still set to mingle: “He guys, what’s up? – Fancy a little concert?

The sold-out Ziggo Dome chokes in it’s first beer of the evening. And in fact, looking back on a memorable evening in September, U2 sets the tone for the next two hours. U2 has landed. Out of the ufo. Back on earth. Away from the bleakness of the football stadium and once again back into a concert hall which is indeed enormous, but in the hands of the Irish quartet feels like an intimate pop stage.

The bafflement flutters already through the Ziggo Dome with the third song. So incredible tight and intense Vertigo is played by U2, with a truly slashing and biting guitar sound by The Edge. Four boys on that gigantic stage. A tiny rockband under an oversized lightbulb – the only decoration that the band itself permits for the first 15 minutes of the iNNOCENCE eXPERIENCE-show.”
    (By Robert van Gijsel, Sept. 9, 2015)
  3. Four bouys on that gigantic stage.

I wonder if they went to the previous tour
  4. Hmmm... I thought it was actually quite clear that the writer had noticed the contrast between outdoors and indoors...
  5. I mean... "Gigantic" is how I'd describe The Claw, not the IE stage
  6. Literally the writer said something like “stage for giants” (reuzenpodium), but in English this is rather understood metaphorically, while in Dutch this not
    (And while a "reuzenpodium" is indeed big, gigantic seems a little bigger still)

But it might be interesting to compare the two stages in terms of square meters...
  7. Copied, really? Haha, oops!

Well, the writer was very enthusiastic. Gave it 5/5. Title translates as "U2 feels like an intense rockband on an intimate stage again". Quotes like "U2 at the Ziggo Dome on the 8th of september 2015 was an experience that'll be anchored in rockmemory of anyone who was there".
  8. 1 year ago
  9. One year ago!! Still the best show of the tour for me, hands down.