1. Tonight

2. Mike told great story tonight about when The Alarm were supporting U2 on War Tour ((1st time I ever saw or heard of them)) U2 would do radio interviews in the cities they would play in and always when the DJ talked about playing SBS or NYD, the guys would say "we'd rather play this song by this band opening up for us" and they would get the DJ to play 'The Stand'
  3. I'm so glad that "The Alarm," and Mike Peters is getting noticed again. I've followed them as long as I have U2. One of my favorites.... Mike is super cool to his fans, and his wife Jules who is playing in the band on this tour is also very cool and very approachable!! Glad to see a discussion on this site!!!
  4. Oh and outside of their 80's records (Declaration, Strength, etc. ) I recomment both In the Poppyfields and Direct Action.... plus there is a new documentry that is fantastic, "Man in The Camo Jacket..... and of course there is a brand new album only available on thealarm.com.... Blood Red (followed this fall by Viral Black)...

Okay, I sound like a big promotion machine, but as you can tell I really dig this band as much as I do U2.
  5. Great band indeed. First saw them in 1984 at the Edinburgh Caley Palais - brilliant gig. Recently watch a documentary on the BBC iPlayer, "Mike and Jules: While we still have time" looking at the struggles that both Mike and now Jules have battling cancer. Beautiful people who live life to the full and give so much along the way.
  6. Originally posted by Document:Oh and outside of their 80's records (Declaration, Strength, etc. ) I recomment both In the Poppyfields and Direct Action.... plus there is a new documentry that is fantastic, "Man in The Camo Jacket..... and of course there is a brand new album only available on thealarm.com.... Blood Red (followed this fall by Viral Black)...

Okay, I sound like a big promotion machine, but as you can tell I really dig this band as much as I do U2.
    The entire Poppyfields collection is a work of art. If you have not seen the movie "Vinyl" I recommend it... it's based on the story of the 45rpm single and how Mike proved a point to the industry that you're never too old to fit in...
  7. Originally posted by redrock:Great band indeed. First saw them in 1984 at the Edinburgh Caley Palais - brilliant gig. Recently watch a documentary on the BBC iPlayer, "Mike and Jules: While we still have time" looking at the struggles that both Mike and now Jules have battling cancer. Beautiful people who live life to the full and give so much along the way.
    Beautiful, beautiful people. You should check out a piece Mike did called "songs that changed my life" it runs about 25 munutes and you can catch it on youtube... that piece on mike and jules waa great!
  8. Originally posted by Document:Oh and outside of their 80's records (Declaration, Strength, etc. ) I recomment both In the Poppyfields and Direct Action.... plus there is a new documentry that is fantastic, "Man in The Camo Jacket..... and of course there is a brand new album only available on thealarm.com.... Blood Red (followed this fall by Viral Black)...

You mean this Man in the Camo Jacket?
  9. Originally posted by Document:Oh and outside of their 80's records (Declaration, Strength, etc. ) I recomment both In the Poppyfields and Direct Action.... plus there is a new documentry that is fantastic, "Man in The Camo Jacket..... and of course there is a brand new album only available on thealarm.com.... Blood Red (followed this fall by Viral Black)...

You mean this Man in the Camo Jacket?

10. Picture taken in 2001 finally becomes complete in 2017.