1. Yes our initial list had 3 shows of the Point Depot ones in there.. But we had to sacrifice two! Since the "Dream it all up again" speech happened at Dublin 3 it is probably historically the most important one. Plus the show is definitely one of the top 2.
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Yes our initial list had 3 shows of the Point Depot ones in there.. But we had to sacrifice two! Since the "Dream it all up again" speech happened at Dublin 3 it is probably historically the most important one. Plus the show is definitely one of the top 2.
    It s ok , so you could left out the Rotterdam show

For me if i have to give a show to someone who didn t know U2 just to introduce the band , i would pick the 26-12 or 31-12 , for me are probably the best shows ever
  3. Love all your choices on part 2 (except Sydney in performance, but totally understand and agree with this show on the list)

1992-05-22 Milan, 1993-08-12 Wembley, 1990-01-10 Rotterdam are between my fave bootlegs all the time...

Special mentions also for...

1989-11-17 - Sydney: Well, all about Lovetown is amazing... but I like this underrated show... recently I shared here an analog remaster with better sound than old source... great performances of Desire (with solo at end and without snippet of So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star), God Part II, Bad and 40

1992-04-21 - Tacoma: This show isn't only about One (my fave performance), also great performances of Mysterious Ways, When Love Comes to Town, Slow Dancing, and why not Van Diemen's land snippeted at Angel of Harlem?

1992-06-13 - Kiel: First show after Stockholm, also great performances... excellent versions of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Bad (with Walk to the Water snippet) and long solo in Love is Blindness.

1997-09-15 - Montpellier: Another underrated show with great performances, energy and also great sound... one of my faves in PopMart, Highlights: Last Night on Earth, Bullet The Blue Sky, Please, Discotheque, Mysterious Ways... and a rare Bad snippeted in All I Want is you (normally is All I Want is You snippeted in Bad)

Congrats!!
  4. Great selections Gustavo! We should make it the 100 most amazing U2 shows
  5. Really like the second part Remy, nice mention of the Sydney show
  6. Originally posted by fleavox:Love all your choices on part 2 (except Sydney in performance, but totally understand and agree with this show on the list)

1992-05-22 Milan, 1993-08-12 Wembley, 1990-01-10 Rotterdam are between my fave bootlegs all the time...

Special mentions also for...

1989-11-17 - Sydney: Well, all about Lovetown is amazing... but I like this underrated show... recently I shared here an analog remaster with better sound than old source... great performances of Desire (with solo at end and without snippet of So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star), God Part II, Bad and 40

1992-04-21 - Tacoma: This show isn't only about One (my fave performance), also great performances of Mysterious Ways, When Love Comes to Town, Slow Dancing, and why not Van Diemen's land snippeted at Angel of Harlem?

1992-06-13 - Kiel: First show after Stockholm, also great performances... excellent versions of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Bad (with Walk to the Water snippet) and long solo in Love is Blindness.

1997-09-15 - Montpellier: Another underrated show with great performances, energy and also great sound... one of my faves in PopMart, Highlights: Last Night on Earth, Bullet The Blue Sky, Please, Discotheque, Mysterious Ways... and a rare Bad snippeted in All I Want is you (normally is All I Want is You snippeted in Bad)

Congrats!!
    Thanks for the list Gustavo. I love all of those shows. I'm a big defender of the Montpellier show, a true gem.
  7. As somebody who isn't as intimately familiar with U2's pre-2000 history outside of the big hits, the first two parts have been really interesting. Nice job!
  8. A great list - I'm more familiar with these shows than the ones in the previous set but still a few I need to listen to... or revisit!

Gotta stick up an honourable mention to Kiel 1992-06-13. Really good sound with some absolutely incredible performances: Probably my favourite ZooTV versions of Zoo Station and The Fly, amazing Even Better, One (with Can't Help Falling In Love), Until the End of the World, Wild Horses, and Tryin' To Throw Your Arms, a rare snippet of Walk To the Water in Bad, excellent Desire and With or Without You and an absolutely unmissable 8-minute long Love Is Blindness .

I challenge someone to find a better performance of Love Is Blindness.
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:A great list - I'm more familiar with these shows than the ones in the previous set but still a few I need to listen to... or revisit!

Gotta stick up an honourable mention to Kiel 1992-06-13. Really good sound with some absolutely incredible performances: Probably my favourite ZooTV versions of Zoo Station and The Fly, amazing Even Better, One (with Can't Help Falling In Love), Until the End of the World, Wild Horses, and Tryin' To Throw Your Arms, a rare snippet of Walk To the Water in Bad, excellent Desire and With or Without You and an absolutely unmissable 8-minute long Love Is Blindness .

I challenge someone to find a better performance of Love Is Blindness.
    Yes, I love Kiel because many great performances!!!

About Love is Blindness, of course great version, extended solo and guitar work by Edge... but I also love this song in other occasions... this version in Kiel is in my top 3.

My top 2 for Love is Blindness:

1992-03-05 Atlanta: Excellent second half... 2 solos by Edge

1992-06-04 Dortmund: Similar to Kiel... extended solo and work guitar by Edge, even the same snippet... but also great performances by Adam and some changes in drums by Larry, I prefer this version than Kiel that is my 3° fave version
  10. Originally posted by fleavox:[..]
    Yes, I love Kiel because many great performances!!!

About Love is Blindness, of course great version, extended solo and guitar work by Edge... but I also love this song in other occasions... this version in Kiel is in my top 3.

My top 2 for Love is Blindness:

1992-03-05 Atlanta: Excellent second half... 2 solos by Edge

1992-06-04 Dortmund: Similar to Kiel... extended solo and work guitar by Edge, even the same snippet... but also great performances by Adam and some changes in drums by Larry, I prefer this version than Kiel that is my 3° fave version
    The whole Atlanta show is a gem I didn't remember the double solo, gonna revisit the boot now. Thanks!