1. I got goosebumps thinking how this is this is the first ever live version of One. The version from the rehearsals shown live on Top of the pops was my favourite version for years.
  2. Originally posted by treasure:I got goosebumps thinking how this is this is the first ever live version of One. The version from the rehearsals shown live on Top of the pops was my favourite version for years.
    You know the reason why?
    That's just because it was so fresh in their own minds, they felt so attached to the song back then. They had been on the verge of splitting up and that song came from the sky down and saved their lives. They felt the song so close, the first versions were so so heartfelt. Then it became an anthem and wasn't theirs anymore.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    You know the reason why?
    That's just because it was so fresh in their own minds, they felt so attached to the song back then. They had been on the verge of splitting up and that song came from the sky down and saved their lives. They felt the song so close, the first versions were so so heartfelt. Then it became an anthem and wasn't theirs anymore.
    Yes you're 100% correct !!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    You know the reason why?
    The short version at the end of From The Sky Down felt personally
  5. Mexico 1997. The version of All I Want is You is so powerful with Larry and Adam bringing so much to this version. The whole show is amazing.
    Tampa 1992. I was there and was blown away by the spectacle of emotion, musicianship, camaraderie etc...
    Sarajevo 1997. No explanation needed.
    Red Rocks 1983. The first time I ever saw U2. I wasn't there though.
    Slane and South Bend 2001. The show right after Bono's dads funeral and the first show after 9/11. You can feel the emotion in both shows.
    Milan 2009.
    Montreal and Chicago 2011.
    Sydney 1993. Adam's first show back. Mysterious Ways, UTEOTW into NYD were epic.
    There's lot's more but I just wanted to jump into the mix soon.
  6. Originally posted by treasure:I got goosebumps thinking how this is this is the first ever live version of One. The version from the rehearsals shown live on Top of the pops was my favourite version for years.
    I find the Zoo TV version of One the best. The guitar effects are better and Bono's voice is more powerful. The TOTP version is good and I really like how they evolved it that tour.
  7. Today I listened to the Zoo TV Dublin broadcast. Always a hard one for me I spent the summer of 1993 in Boston so the Zoo TV tour is the only one I missed since my first show in 1987. I remember listening to this show on the radio so far away wondering why I hadn't come home two weeks earlier in time for the Irish shows. I still regret it to this day.
  8. Just listened to Milan '85. What a great show !! I had to play Indian summer sky twice !!
  9. I almost never listen to TUF Tour but this show has been on repeat for me! So many great versions.
  10. Listened to Dublin 28.12.89 today. Great show and great sound.