1. Haven't heard 12.12.87 but that will change in about 10 minutes !!
  2. 1989-12-27. The best show U2 ever did.
  3. And I love 1989-12-31 the most from Lovetown...
  4. Originally posted by fleavox:[..]
    Yes, I love Kiel because many great performances!!!

About Love is Blindness, of course great version, extended solo and guitar work by Edge... but I also love this song in other occasions... this version in Kiel is in my top 3.

My top 2 for Love is Blindness:

1992-03-05 Atlanta: Excellent second half... 2 solos by Edge

1992-06-04 Dortmund: Similar to Kiel... extended solo and work guitar by Edge, even the same snippet... but also great performances by Adam and some changes in drums by Larry, I prefer this version than Kiel that is my 3° fave version
    Ooooh! Thanks for the suggestions. Two shows I haven't heard (well, I heard about half of Atlanta, but that was a couple of years back now...)

Time to go get 'em!
  5. I... honestly might agree. It seems like it's the least-talked about Point Depot show but it's at least as good as the previous night's show, which is generally my favourite.

The show on the 27th has probably the best MLK/Unforgettable Fire/God Part II/Desire/Watchtower run ever. And the best Van Diemen's Land. And the best People Get Ready. And Two Hearts Beat As One!
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I... honestly might agree. It seems like it's the least-talked about Point Depot show but it's at least as good as the previous night's show, which is generally my favourite.

The show on the 27th has probably the best MLK/Unforgettable Fire/God Part II/Desire/Watchtower run ever. And the best Van Diemen's Land. And the best People Get Ready. And Two Hearts Beat As One!
    Ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves. That performance of Two Hearts Beat As One was very lackluster. Nothing compared to the War performances. Van Diemen's Land was far better when it debuted in the Melbourne shows. Nice little solo by Edge that he never did again.

7. Listening to that one now. Great! "Le Popmart!!"
  8. Great show. Bono mixing up the words as usual but a great version of 11 O' clock
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves. That performance of Two Hearts Beat As One was very lackluster. Nothing compared to the War performances. Van Diemen's Land was far better when it debuted in the Melbourne shows. Nice little solo by Edge that he never did again.
    Oh I didn't mean to imply that it was one of the best Two Hearts Beat As One, merely that it was exciting it was in the set at all. It was a very fun performance of it but it was kind of a mess.
  10. Just listened to the Leeds Popmart show. I'd forgotten how great the pop songs were live and all the 80's songs sound very fresh although I hate that version of Follow
  11. I listened to Lakeland (ZOO TV Night 1) today. What an achievement !! They could have retired at the end of the 80s with a fine catalogue of 6 albums, 2 E.P.s, a live concert video & a feature length film. Not only did they not retire or split up but to return to the stage opening with 8 new songs as well as 2 more & a new cover version b-side later in the set took some balls and it paid off. An amazing show !!
  12. Originally posted by treasure:I listened to Lakeland (ZOO TV Night 1) today. What an achievement !! They could have retired at the end of the 80s with a fine catalogue of 6 albums, 2 E.P.s, a live concert video & a feature length film. Not only did they not retire or split up but to return to the stage opening with 8 new songs as well as 2 more & a new cover version b-side later in the set took some balls and it paid off. An amazing show !!
    Lakeland is quite easily in my top 10 ever for the reasons you perfectly described above PLUS it's mindblowing version (and debut!) of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Hoses.