2017-07-08 - London
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. I'm planning to be there about noon, should be good enough for a view . Sunday I'm RZ so no rush on a Sunday morning.
    Twickenham is a logistical nightmare for anyone who has not been before
  2. Originally posted by Timk68:I'm planning to be there about noon, should be good enough for a view . Sunday I'm RZ so no rush on a Sunday morning.
    Twickenham is a logistical nightmare for anyone who has not been before
    ...and by logistical you mean???
  3. Public transport , parking, for anyone who thinks it's London , well it is but it isn't , what 15 miles out of centre
  4. that could be a determining factor on whether we go to the show or not..the NJ show was a chore and we live 16 miles away!
  5. Originally posted by Timk68:Public transport , parking, for anyone who thinks it's London , well it is but it isn't , what 15 miles out of centre
    Will getting to the Victoria station be a particular problem? I've checked trains for that night and they do them to Clapham junction then to Victoria from there. Do you think that will be easy enough or will the trains be a nightmare?
  6. Hotel for me in Richmond sat and Sunday night... 45 min walk tops. Cheers
  7. having to go back to heathrow instead hopefully might be a bit less of a pain, but will still take at least an hour... bla
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Will getting to the Victoria station be a particular problem? I've checked trains for that night and they do them to Clapham junction then to Victoria from there. Do you think that will be easy enough or will the trains be a nightmare?
    The trains going back will be very busy so I'd prepare to be patient. The platforms at Clapham Junction will get busy as the crowds build. We're driving in from outside of London and parking near The Stoop, aiming to be there by three, but we have seats. The Richmond hotel plan is the shrewd move!

Early train out, few pints afterwards in the Cabbage Patch to let the crowd clear is the way forward!
  9. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    The trains going back will be very busy so I'd prepare to be patient. The platforms at Clapham Junction will get busy as the crowds build. We're driving in from outside of London and parking near The Stoop, aiming to be there by three, but we have seats. The Richmond hotel plan is the shrewd move!

Early train out, few pints afterwards in the Cabbage Patch to let the crowd clear is the way forward!
    We won't be in danger of missing the last trains or anything though will we? Don't mind waiting a bit as I realise a lot of people will be going to the same place just don't want to get sort of stranded with a long walk to negotiate or have to pay an expensive taxi fare.
  10. Same situation here. Twickenham is just a pain. I stayed near to Heathrow in 2015 (same hotel as this year) and we just sailed through on the underground to The O2. No such luck for Twickenham, despite the proximity.
  11. Wembley or the Olympic Stadium would've been better. Oh well.