1. Yes i think it has happened Yesterday For Milan where you could find only the 200 tickets.surely a strategy ( bastard ) ....but the problem is that it's only the presale
    What Will happen next week?
  2. Originally posted by nickbibby:So, I had a nightmare this time round. Having been in GA since London 2 on Elevation, the only tickets I could bag for the one date I can actually make (I know, it narrowed my chances) were block 113, seating, at Manchester.

Even seriously considered RedZone until they sold out too (it seemed).

I was looking for GA yesterday with experience presale code and nothing was available. I'm a teacher and couldn't get access to ticket sales before 11am. Waited for this morning, knowing I was available at 10am, and nothing still. Then RedZone went. I eventually went for seats at £206 each. RedZone was £270, it's a bit of a bargain considering the top price seats.

Consoling myself with the fact I get to see the screen (I didn't on I&E as I was too close to the walkway!) and the fact I can take my little girl who saw them at Twickenham (if she fancies it).

Anyway, I have tickets, I should be happy!
    Unfortunately, they never asked for a presale code in the early hours of the Experience sale on Thursday. Touts and queue-jumping fans were alive to this so the GA went very quickly. Fully expect more London gigs. Well done on getting first lesson in before the presale! That's dedication!
  3. Originally posted by andyuk36:[..]
    I agree I did hear that the selling strategy is to sell the expensive seats first by restricting the amount of GA's released .....If it is true then that's a shame too

Agree,but is that on the assumption that the subscribers (ie the presumed most dedicated fans) want GA above everything?I personally don't like standing at concerts,and due to personal finance limitations,I have to go for the cheapest option.So,I'll be hoping to go to an Irish show,ideally Belfast,and when the time comes,I'll be going for the cheap seats.I'd rather have the worst view in an arena than be festering at home!
  4. Post on u2.com forum states Lisbon date 60% sold out just on presale, batch of tickets available for album presale, concert predicted to instantly sell out when on general sale.
  5. Originally posted by kevc02:Post on u2.com forum states Lisbon date 60% sold out just on presale, batch of tickets available for album presale, concert predicted to instantly sell out when on general sale.
    more than 60% given away to presales?! is that normal?
  6. It'll be interesting to see how soon the european dates sell out compared to the U.S.
  7. Its not .
    Seatmaps were up for alot of the venues like Cologne,Hamburg,Berlin,Milan etc ,you could see what seats were available ,
    In Cologne almost the whole venue was available for purchase.

They will sell most of the tickets in the presales ,only crumbs will be left for general sale.
    It sells out in minutes next Friday and huge hype is created so second gig added and demand is increased,thats how it works.

For last years Croke Park concert ,only 8000 tickets were left for General sale ,the rest went in presales.
  8. Originally posted by Fano:[..]
    Its not .
    Seatmaps were up for alot of the venues like Cologne,Hamburg,Berlin,Milan etc ,you could see what seats were available ,

They will sell most of the tickets in the presales ,only crumbs will be left for general sale.
    It sells out in minutes next Friday and huge hype is created so second gig added and demand is increased,thats how it works.

For last years Croke Park concert ,only 8000 tickets were left for General sale ,the rest went in presales.
    that's just not true.
  9. Not all went through the presales. LiveNation funneled thousands of tickets to Stubhub, Seatwave, Platinum tickets etc
  10. Originally posted by Fano:[..]
    Its not .

8000 left?

Yeah ok sure.