1. I really don’t get the hate for One ft MJB, I like it!
  2. I like edge's guitar in this version of 'One' because it's just like the live versions...but the rest, I think I don't like the production
  3. 2022 is probably the worst half time show ever.
  4. Yeesh. Some people on here are acting pretty ignorant. It’s totally fine to say you don’t like hip hop, but to call Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, and MJB “hacks” and “talentless” is actually a joke.

Again, if you don’t like the genre that’s fine, but to discredit some of the greatest hip hop artists of all time is ridiculous. I just recently understood and got into hip hop myself (around 2016) and had the same opinions. Until I read/listened to lyrics and dove into the genre to try to understand it

The ones here slagging the genre and these artists most likely have never listened to more than a handful of songs let alone an entire album.
  5. disappointed by the performance
  6. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:Actually I really enjoyed their collaboration with MJB! I don’t think it made it better or more enjoyable. I really enjoyed her voice and the notes she hit were amazing.

The 'notes' she hit sounded exact the same as my neighbours 3 months old babygirl screaming all night 😒
  7. Originally posted by Release3:Yeesh. Some people on here are acting pretty ignorant. It’s totally fine to say you don’t like hip hop, but to call Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, and MJB “hacks” and “talentless” is actually a joke.

Again, if you don’t like the genre that’s fine, but to discredit some of the greatest hip hop artists of all time is ridiculous. I just recently understood and got into hip hop myself (around 2016) and had the same opinions. Until I read/listened to lyrics and dove into the genre to try to understand it

The ones here slagging the genre and these artists most likely have never listened to more than a handful of songs let alone an entire album.
    There is a fine line though. Just because artists are successful and popular doesn’t mean we have to acknowledge a talent there. It’s not ignorance either. I would say there’s very likely ‘technical’ talents somewhere in what they do things that not everybody can do but the sounds and the music that talent produces I don’t think it’s noteworthy of talent and it doesn’t matter if the whole world disagrees or not I’m allowed that opinion and it’s as valid as everyone else’s. Slagging music off is maybe different I’m not saying these artists are terrible I’m saying I think they sound terrible there is a difference one is about defining an artist as terrible and one is about saying that I don’t like what I hear. Also again if we’re just talking about talent does that mean we have to thing every song is good by someone we think is talented just because they’re talented? I would say being talented isn’t enough to guarantee good results.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    There is a fine line though. Just because artists are successful and popular doesn’t mean we have to acknowledge a talent there. It’s not ignorance either. I would say there’s very likely ‘technical’ talents somewhere in what they do things that not everybody can do but the sounds and the music that talent produces I don’t think it’s noteworthy of talent and it doesn’t matter if the whole world disagrees or not I’m allowed that opinion and it’s as valid as everyone else’s. Slagging music off is maybe different I’m not saying these artists are terrible I’m saying I think they sound terrible there is a difference one is about defining an artist as terrible and one is about saying that I don’t like what I hear. Also again if we’re just talking about talent does that mean we have to thing every song is good by someone we think is talented just because they’re talented? I would say being talented isn’t enough to guarantee good results.
    But they are talented is the point. The entire halftime show was played live with instruments (piano, bass, guitar, and drums) with rappers talking about where and how they grew up and that “things are gonna be alright.” Sounds similar to what U2 toured on the last 2 albums.

I would strongly suggest the documentary series Evolution of Hip Hop on Netflix to help get a better understanding of hip hops roots
  9. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    But they are talented is the point. The entire halftime show was played live with instruments (piano, bass, guitar, and drums) with rappers talking about where and how they grew up and that “things are gonna be alright.” Sounds similar to what U2 toured on the last 2 albums.

I would strongly suggest the documentary series Evolution of Hip Hop on Netflix to help get a better understanding of hip hops roots
    The Defiant Ones is also really good, it is one of my favourite documentaries I have watched.
  10. Haven’t heard of that one, I’ll have to check it out. My whole defense here is that it’s okay to not like a genre, specifically rap (I had the same opinions before too).

All I’m saying is it’s not fair, or accurate, to call an entire genre talentless hacks. It’s like family of mine that like harder rock (Sabbath, Metallica, etc.) that says that “U2 sucks. Too soft and too simple. Edge is a bad guitar player. Bono is too preachy”