1. Originally posted by bonoschild:To each their own.. I liked her spin on the song, honestly. Maybe her involvement with the band increased their visibility with a new group of listeners, and vice versa..win-win, I think
    IMO it was probably the worst thing they've ever done and one of their most embarrasing moments.
  2. I thought I had blocked that nightmare from memory.....hideous
  3. Originally posted by bonoschild:To each their own.. I liked her spin on the song, honestly. Maybe her involvement with the band increased their visibility with a new group of listeners, and vice versa..win-win, I think

Selfishly I’d rather that particular version of the song didn’t increase their visibility with a new group of listeners. I want the band to be liked for their song writing and creativity, deep lyrics etc I don’t want them to be liked because someone puts a really overcooked vocal over one of their best songs, as I started with I know that’s selfish and it’s not up to me what they do but I certainly hope it’s not something that would ever be repeated.
  4. it\s funny, cuz I didn't mind the MJB song for what it was.

BUT, I've always felt cringy about the collab with Green Day. Not so much the song itself- cuz it turned out decent. But more of the optics of partnering with a post-American Idiot GD. GD were public-darlings at this point, and I felt they benefited more for the association with a legendary band, than U2 benefitting at all from it. (if anything, maybe Bono looked at Billie Joe and got the idea for guy-liner 3yrs later)
  5. the only good collaboration was the one with Kendrick Lamar
  6. I am excited for the half time show! I will try to stay up to see it. The Weeknd was really good last year. My 2 favourite half time shows are U2 and The Weeknd.
  7. Pretty sure the last two single releases have been more embarrassing than One w/ MJB.
  8. If you mean the Sing2 thing and the Euro track, then, yes. Absolutely. By some distance.
  9. If you’d rather listen to the Mary J Blige version of one I feel sorry for your ears.
  10. +1

The version of One with MJB is the worst by far of anything U2 has released; even Ahimsa was better than it and that's no mean feat.
  11. Actually I really enjoyed their collaboration with MJB! I don’t think it made it better or more enjoyable. I really enjoyed her voice and the notes she hit were amazing.