2018-06-05 - Montreal
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Liedjes gespeeld: 26
Audio opnames: 1
  1. Originally posted by jennagirl:[..]
    No hate, just puzzled about 2 things
    1. how you think you can truly judge a show you did not actually attend.
    2. why are you even here on this forum if they are "disgusting" and if you "dont need to see an old fart who cant remember his own lyrics". Spend your time and energy on a new, young band, you appreciate and enjoy.

As an aside, from someone who attended both shows in Montreal the past 2 days, last night was good, tonight was incredible - super energetic, Bono feeding off the crowd, his voice in top form and the band clearly having lots of fun. NO going through the motions here. Just an amazing show.
    This^^^
  2. How ever, i have to work tonight, wish you all a good one. CU
  3. Originally posted by BonoVox05:[..]
    Well, i was a fan since ca.94'. My first live show was in 97' in my hometown. Since then, i saw U2 in stadiums and in arenas(Which i never liked, U2 are a stadium band to me.). Honestly, i'm just sad where they are going thru. Since, lets say 00', they try to please the masses. It worked out for some time, but i never liked it. These days, U2 are not even a shadow from theirselves, to me. But, you know, you always hope something strange like POP happens again. I't never happened.

If they try to please the masses, why do so many people say they like the old U2 better?
  4. Because, they didn't try to please the masses in the past. They just didn't give a f***, back then.
  5. Why did you edit this?

Is free speech now dependent on anything?
    Do i have to pay a tax, or what did i miss? There were no swear words, neither did i insult anyone.
  6. I think you’re well off the mark if you think the band didn’t give a f*** as you put it back then. Even in the 90’s when the band pushed the boundaries, eventually past there own limits, it’s clear they did so in a way to try and achieve success and largely they did have success. However, when they released pop they never did so hoping to alienate people or with a line of thought that they didn’t care, they did so hoping that an experimental sounding album would still be successful and when it wasn’t, at least in relative terms, it led to the band rethinking the direction they were going. I’m a fan of Pop btw so not bashing the album but I think you’re totally missing the point if you think the band didn’t give a f*** in the past.
  7. Originally posted by BonoVox05:[..]
    Why did you edit this?

Is free speech now dependent on anything?
    Do i have to pay a tax, or what did i miss? There were no swear words, neither did i insult anyone.
    Because TRISTAN should be free to make his, or her comment the way he or she wants.

You were commenting in a hostile way. That is my assessment and not up for debate.

Your display of anger and the "give me hate" comment earlier do change the whole mood of this thread.

OK if you are unhappy with the band's performance, but don't take it out on others!
  8. ...
  9. Montréal 2
    #mpare1966
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Because TRISTAN should be free to make his, or her comment the way he or she wants.

You were commenting in a hostile way. That is my assessment and not up for debate.

Your display of anger and the "give me hate" comment earlier do change the whole mood of this thread.

OK if you are unhappy with the band's performance, but don't take it out on others!
    then start moderating the people who respond to opinions they don't like by basically telling others where to go.
  11. Didn't even realise ABOY had been dropped. Oh well.