2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:I sort of mentioned it briefly yesterday but just curious could this be a signal u2 are about to start releasing more live material? Bruce Springsteen and pearl jam are on siriusxm and they both have a lot of official live releases out there. Do the other bands who have there station have lots of live releases as well. And how does it work is the exclusive part about it that Siriusxm play live releases from Bruce and PJ before they’re released but then eventually they do release them for sale as cd’s? Just to anyone that has any answers I’m interested because if u2 start releasing 2 or 3 live gigs a year that idea does excite me, I wouldn’t be interested in Sirius or Pandora (can’t get them anyway) but I’d be happy to purchase the gigs instead.
    Yes I understand. But I think they could do it through u2.com. Making these shows available to subscribers. I'm not going to subscribe to the radio because I subscribe to U2.com for years (since 2008). All these interviews, live shows could be made available through their own website. But we already have wonderful shows available here and on u2torrents. So for me, this news has no relevance.
  2. People shouldn't get too excited about the band releasing concerts - as well as broadcasting them on this platform - because if they offer a 9.99 download then just say 50 concerts per tour (just for arguments sake) then an avid collector would be forking out 500 big ones for one tour from an extensive back catalogue.

My thoughts on the band releasing live concerts would be that given the fact that you have already paid a lot for your ticket, travel and,some people, accommodation then you should be 'allowed' to download that concert for 'free' using your ticket stub as your payment.

Another thought on all this is that if the band did release only 'selected' concerts, ergo ones that Bono and Edge are happy with, then we might not get the concerts that we want.

Again, all this is just speculation on what this radio station might actually broadcast and whether there are any fanclub - remember them? - perks for their allegiance and support.
  3. All these fans wanted live material, so no you have it.

Personally, I find it a little saturating.
  4. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:People shouldn't get too excited about the band releasing concerts - as well as broadcasting them on this platform - because if they offer a 9.99 download then just say 50 concerts per tour (just for arguments sake) then an avid collector would be forking out 500 big ones for one tour from an extensive back catalogue.

My thoughts on the band releasing live concerts would be that given the fact that you have already paid a lot for your ticket, travel and,some people, accommodation then you should be 'allowed' to download that concert for 'free' using your ticket stub as your payment.

Another thought on all this is that if the band did release only 'selected' concerts, ergo ones that Bono and Edge are happy with, then we might not get the concerts that we want.

Again, all this is just speculation on what this radio station might actually broadcast and whether there are any fanclub - remember them? - perks for their allegiance and support.
    It’s a decision to be an avid collector though not something forced on you. I would be happy to save and purchase 50 gigs from a tour if I knew they were going to release them. At the same time I’d also be happy to purchase whatever selected gigs we got if they went down that route of just picking out stuff. I guess we need to wait and see just now probably no real answers at the moment but I really hope they do start releasing more live stuff. I don’t think they would ever release every show but maybe half a dozen from each tour could be made available going back to earlier tours as well and ticking them off too.
  5. IF they end up broadcasting exclusive aka new live material (which I doubt they'd do in the first place, but IF!) I wonder what the copyright will be on those I guess a radio is a radio and we'd be able to have them here!
  6. If you like you can sing along.
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    Because the way they built up the hype for the announcement we expected something more. If it it was just an article published on social medias and the website we wouldn't be complaining. However sending emails, broadcasting live on Facebook, flooding social media and even making the announcement during a gig in Asia for a service that is only available in NA is pretty shitty.

100% This
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:I sort of mentioned it briefly yesterday but just curious could this be a signal u2 are about to start releasing more live material? Bruce Springsteen and pearl jam are on siriusxm and they both have a lot of official live releases out there. Do the other bands who have there station have lots of live releases as well. And how does it work is the exclusive part about it that Siriusxm play live releases from Bruce and PJ before they’re released but then eventually they do release them for sale as cd’s? Just to anyone that has any answers I’m interested because if u2 start releasing 2 or 3 live gigs a year that idea does excite me, I wouldn’t be interested in Sirius or Pandora (can’t get them anyway) but I’d be happy to purchase the gigs instead.

Head 'apologist' ! Dream on dude !!
  9. And that crappy self indulgent remix CD they were talking about has just popped up on Spotify!! YAWN !
  10. Call me what you want. I enjoy listening to the band and I like the releases we get from them, I’m always happy to get more but that’s very much in the want as opposed to need category. I can be critical of them when I feel it’s appropriate but unlike some I don’t go out my way to be critical. You keep on doing it your negative way and I’ll do it mine.

11. This is just a small snippet from life and 'opinions' outside the protective bubble that exists in here ....

..... as clearly Dean u dont get out much! And i might add i didnt go out of my way at all , its the first thing that has popped up in my feeds on both Twitter and FB !
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:IF they end up broadcasting exclusive aka new live material (which I doubt they'd do in the first place, but IF!) I wonder what the copyright will be on those I guess a radio is a radio and we'd be able to have them here!

This is a good point because we know they've had trouble in the last not releasing material because Bono snippet-ed lyrics.

So they'd have to get an awful lot of permissions before they broadcast/offer for download so I'm guessing that that would mean most versions of BAD, Vertigo and any spontaneous cover versions wouldn't be made available.

And what's more frustrating than an unreleased concert recording? A partial concert recording.

But as you say it's all just fan speculation at the moment.

And as a few people have already touched on, this service should definitely be free to fan club members.