2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Maybe they aren't in top form.
  2. It's hearing the band and their collaborates talking about their career, their tours, their songs and their albums I was hoping for. The inner nerd wants to know more. Stories from the road would be nice too. I already play U2 most of the time😂
  3. A brand new remix U2wanderer1?
  4. Or one that has been released in the past.
  5. It surprises me that it's called Bootleg, which is a term used for remixes not commissioned/requested by the artist (or "illegal", if you will)..?
  6. Speaking of, I've been assuming that's sort of the reason that episodes of Discotheque aren't available on demand.Sirius can broadcast some of these mixes on "live" radio, but they can't put them up to stream on demand.
  7. Originally posted by cleazer:Speaking of, I've been assuming that's sort of the reason that episodes of Discotheque aren't available on demand.Sirius can broadcast some of these mixes on "live" radio, but they can't put them up to stream on demand.
    Aha, that would make some sense I guess. If he called this bootleg himself he's probably done a mix (with the master stems) that is not officially commissioned (or signed off) by the band. Kind of a cool concept to try out things I think
  8. Originally posted by melon51:It surprises me that it's called Bootleg, which is a term used for remixes not commissioned/requested by the artist (or "illegal", if you will)..?
    He's been playing a number of non-commissioned / non-released mixes, from U2 and other artists in his shows...and in some of the cases at least, they didn't have the stems to work with either...
  9. According to some folks on twitter, there's another "free trial" for folks in Europe and possibly the rest of the world right now. (Though since you can't sign up afterwards, free trial probably isn't the best term.)

I cannot confirm if this is true, as I'm just listening normally in the US.

If it is true, head over there and check out whatever you can that's on demand: Bono's interview with Ava DuVernay, Adam Clayton on the episode of Elevation from a week and a half ago, the Rocky O'Riordan show, the Danny Lanois guest dj segment, and of course the Gavin Friday show. (Just watch out for that one song right in the middle that's hugely NSFW if you're listening where others can hear.)
  10. Heard a couple commercials for the new Desire countdown today. Apparently they're going to tally up everyone's votes and have a top 100 countdown over Labor Day weekend.

So that'll be something different at least.

(For folks overseas, Labor Day is next weekend in the US, so you've still got 9 or 10 days to get your votes in.)