1. Streets
  2. This should be a poll
  3. If you look at any U2 song that has ever been done at a TV talent show, it is always either With or Without You or One, and less commonly I Still Haven't Found, Live Is Blindness or Streets, so I guess one of those in general (personally apart from Love Is Blindness there are more interesting options but for an "in general" classic, one of those)
  4. Originally posted by bonoschild:I'd say depends on decade...80's, Sunday Bloody Sunday. 90's, One. 00's, Beautiful Day or Vertigo. 10's? So far seems like they're trying to make it Love Is Bigger

10's I think Ordinary Love. It has a message in it what perfectly fits with U2 and It's better known then love is bigger

I think U2's signature song is With Or Without You
  5. Sunday Bloody Sunday. It's their first most political and well written song and people know it's U2 by hearing it. And one of the first major hits here in Holland especially LIVE.
  6. With Or Without You

I think it’s their most recognisable song worldwide
  7. Remy! We need a new You Too:

-IWF
    -SBS
    -NYD
    -Pride
    -Streets
    -Still
    -WOWY
    -One
    -Beautiful Day

Any other contenders I'm missing?
  8. Pride is the most default of U2 songs without a doubt.
  9. WOWY.
  10. Vertigo (for the younger fans). I vote for WOWY.
  11. 80s Sunday Bloody Sunday / With Or Without You
    90s One
    00s Beautiful Day

For a band that has had as long a career as U2 very difficult to pick just one song. I broke it up by decade with a split decision on Sunday Bloody Sunday and With Or Without You.
  12. Love the idea of making a poll out of this

But as far as I'm concerned, I've heard enough to conclude that there is not just one "signature song" that stands undisputed above all other songs. Not like "Bohemian Rhapsody" does for Queen, or "Satisfaction" does for the Stones - or "Stairway To Heaven" for Led Zeppelin.

For Beatles I think you can make a good case for some other contenders next to "Yesterday". An even the "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album does have signature quality...I think.

I thought it was great that one of @SJKamal's friends came up with "The Joshua Tree"...just a thought...and not even that silly

I also think that U2's "signature song" might vary - in general - between different generations and, perhaps, also between geographical locations.
    I can imagine that South America will choose "Vertigo" as undisputed signature song.

And in Holland it might, in fact, be very well "I Will Follow (live)", recorded by Veronica's Countdown at 't Heem in Hattum, May 14, 1982