1. Yes IWF best version ever. I still remember it when it came out. So excited about IWF played there. Nice concert. It was in the sportshall where I once played indoor soccer, a few years later. Unbelievable.
  2. Queen aswell as BR, we are the champions, radio ga ga, another one bites the dust, it's a kind of magic.

I'm afraid I don't agree with the idea of a "signature song" for massive bands like U2 Queen Stones etc
  3. Originally posted by maartenpetra:Yes IWF best version ever. I still remember it when it came out. So excited about IWF played there. Nice concert. It was in the sportshall where I once played indoor soccer, a few years later. Unbelievable.
    Yes, out of all locations they ended up in Hattum

Legendary
  4. When I think of U2 it's always Streets or Pride that comes to mind first.

I asked a few friends this last night and it was an even split between Beautiful Day and With or Without You.
  5. First instinct is to say Beautiful Day. I’m not saying it’s their best song, but it’s certainly one of their most well known ones, and it contains a lot of what U2 are known for in terms of sound and lyrics. Bono has often said how U2 aspires to make soul music, joyful music, and Beautiful Day to me is those ideas exemplified. It’s the song that maybe sounds the most wrong without Bono singing too. There’s just something about it.

But if I got to choose, it’d be Streets or Still Haven’t Found. I’m saying BD is probably it, like it or not.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:First instinct is to say Beautiful Day. I’m not saying it’s their best song, but it’s certainly one of their most well known ones, and it contains a lot of what U2 are known for in terms of sound and lyrics. Bono has often said how U2 aspires to make soul music, joyful music, and Beautiful Day to me is those ideas exemplified. It’s the song that maybe sounds the most wrong without Bono singing too. There’s just something about it.

But if I got to choose, it’d be Streets or Still Haven’t Found. I’m saying BD is probably it, like it or not.
    This. And vertigo needs to be in consideration
  7. I could say Sunday Bloody sunday. The live aid version was my first real contact with U2 I belive the year was 2005. A couple of days later I bought the best of 80s album, and the album opens with Pride. Those first tones knocked me and I fell in love. So I must say Pride
  8. I feel it should be a song from the 80’s. Within their first five albums.

Sunday Bloody Sunday could definitely be it. The live Red Rocks video used to be on MTV all the time and turned a lot of new fans onto them. Plus it starts with that unique military drum beat.

Pride could definitely be it. Great passionate song. Well crafted by all four members with Eno and Lanois first time producing them. Very popular back in the day. I think there were 3 different videos.

With or Without You is it to me. Their first single from their first so called masterpiece. As Bono said the song has an odd sound for the time it was released. Nothing else sounded like it. It starts with a wisper. The black and white video was also so out of place. That song was all over the radio. That’s when U2 started playing arenas. I feel it is their one song that most fans and non-fans would associate with U2. There’s even a show titled With or Without You on the show Billions in season two.
  9. One ,I Will Follow , With Or Without You , Streets , I Still Haven't Found , Pride , Stay...
    So there are lots of good songs and there is a wide selection
  10. With Or Without You, no dispute.
  11. Where The Streets Have No Name
  12. Depends on who you’re asking and how you define signature which to me is different than your favourite. SBS defines who they are - defiant, fighting for peace and justice with their classic sound but to Joe Public its probably WOWY due to its popularity, staying power and being from its most popular album.