1. Well One is known by cats and dogs
    We should ask this question to General People who don't usually listen to U2
  2. obviously is with or without you or One
  3. I'd say depends on decade...80's, Sunday Bloody Sunday. 90's, One. 00's, Beautiful Day or Vertigo. 10's? So far seems like they're trying to make it Love Is Bigger
  4. Here are 5 :

Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Pride
    I Will Follow
    With Or Without You
    One

You could pick any one of those.

If you were to ask just an average person that really isn't a "fan", I would likely say Pride is the most recognizable and universal song and I think has been played every tour.
  5. The highest entry in the dutch top 2000 by U2 has always be One. Maybe that's an indicator
  6. Maybe also New Year's Day
  7. I think beautiful Day is there biggest selling single worldwide and in a way brings together a lot of there different fan groups so I’d pick that one.
  8. Sunday bloody Sunday
    With or without you
    Pride

I think they are the only 3 songs that you could play to anyone and they would know its U2 (or even sing along or hum the tune). Everything else I think is pushing it, even Beautiful day and elevation!

UPDATE:

I actually just tested this and asked one of the group chats I'm in with friends from my secondary school. None of them like U2, and we have different tastes in music. I asked "Can anyone name a U2 song"

The answers were:
    Where the streets have no name
    Vertigo
    The Joshua Tree
    With or Without you
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:Sunday bloody Sunday
    With or without you
    Pride

I think they are the only 3 songs that you could play to anyone and they would know its U2 (or even sing along or hum the tune). Everything else I think is pushing it, even Beautiful day and elevation!

UPDATE:

I actually just tested this and asked one of the group chats I'm in with friends from my secondary school. None of them like U2, and we have different tastes in music. I asked "Can anyone name a U2 song"

The answers were:
    Where the streets have no name
    Vertigo
    The Joshua Tree
    With or Without you
    The Joshua Tree
  10. Streets
  11. Streets
  12. I don't think anything but ONE is the right answer