2018-07-03 - Uncasville
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. 13 - Twelve boy footballers and their coach found - now there is a light don't let it go out.Let us all pray for their safe keeping and rescue from Thai cave
  2. Originally posted by ultraviolet346:13 - Twelve boy footballers and their coach found - now there is a light don't let it go out.Let us all pray for their safe keeping and rescue from Thai cave
    That's a beautiful thought. Did Bono dedicate "13 (There Is A Light)" to the football boys in Thailand?

Anyway, I think it will be the story the whole world will be following the next months. Indeed: "there is a light...don't let it go out."

3. My guess is that it would be slightly tweaked but very similar and like this leg, I bet they start with a couple of things that we're excited about and that will fall to the waste side as the tour progresses.

or it could be the same show, minus the American Flag
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Casuals will be baffled if it's not WOWY closing the show or something like that.
    I thought MOS was an excellent closer, but casuals still were leaving the place during the song. Maybe U2 thoughtu "screw it, they were going to leave anyway, let's play what we want".

It did take me a bit to get used to MOS as a closer... I didn't love that, but did accept it as the tour progressed.... especially after Bono started adding the rap towards the end.
  5. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    That's a beautiful thought. Did Bono dedicate "13 (There Is A Light)" to the football boys in Thailand?

Anyway, I think it will be the story the whole world will be following the next months. Indeed: "there is a light...don't let it go out."
    No, Bono missed the opportunity- it would have made a great dedication.I was sitting in the dark listening to the final song play out and was thinking how great Mixlr and modern tech is that I can listen in live to the concert sounds in my bedroom in UK and then thought about the 12 boys and their coach found but stuck in the darkness of the cave and thought a song titled "13 ( There is a light )" was so appropriate
  6. Originally posted by ultraviolet346:13 - Twelve boy footballers and their coach found - now there is a light don't let it go out.Let us all pray for their safe keeping and rescue from Thai cave
    How does that even happen?
  7. It's the worst thing to a' happen to a boy. (To fall down a cave with your footy mates).
  8. I'm starting to think they won't change anything for Europe . They're not going to be working in the summer so can't see anything moving
  9. I’ve really enjoyed leg 1, I listened to the show last night bono sounded like he was really enjoying himself and that’s quite nice to know as the band get close to there 60’s that there’s more than enough passion in there. More variation would certainly have made the leg more interesting to listen in as many times as I have but after a few shows I knew what I should expect and even if it was mostly the same songs every night I enjoyed listening in anyway. One thing I will say though that I never thought I would I’m really missing Streets and WOWY. I’ve always been into the idea of dropping the regulars for some rarities and more new songs but perhaps it’s specifically dropping these regulars that’s the issue as I wouldn’t mind them coming in to replace the likes of I Will Follow, SBS, Pride, Elevation Or Vertigo. That’s just personal preference though and all in all leg 1 I thought was a success and I can’t wait to see them in person come October as well as listen in to some more shows when the European leg starts.
  10. Originally posted by Timk68:I'm starting to think they won't change anything for Europe . They're not going to be working in the summer so can't see anything moving
    Don't care, I'll take the existing set list at the 4 shows I am attending... next gig Berlin 31st Aug
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:I’ve really enjoyed leg 1, I listened to the show last night bono sounded like he was really enjoying himself and that’s quite nice to know as the band get close to there 60’s that there’s more than enough passion in there. More variation would certainly have made the leg more interesting to listen in as many times as I have but after a few shows I knew what I should expect and even if it was mostly the same songs every night I enjoyed listening in anyway. One thing I will say though that I never thought I would I’m really missing Streets and WOWY. I’ve always been into the idea of dropping the regulars for some rarities and more new songs but perhaps it’s specifically dropping these regulars that’s the issue as I wouldn’t mind them coming in to replace the likes of I Will Follow, SBS, Pride, Elevation Or Vertigo. That’s just personal preference though and all in all leg 1 I thought was a success and I can’t wait to see them in person come October as well as listen in to some more shows when the European leg starts.
    Most fans are in agreement about dropping the songs you mentioned.