2018-09-29 - Copenhagen
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 4
  1. Zoo TV had way more different songs played. And a much higher energy level. You can't compare Zoo TV with E+I. At Zoo TV they were at the peak of their career.
  2. Every so called true U2 fan begs for a GA, or for the few cheap seats. To pay 205 euros for this show is ridiculous.
  3. Prefer the creep riff
  4. And the GA buyers are paying the extra costs to a fanclub membership for presale, with a lame fanclub gift every year.
  5. Daddy's Gonna Payyyy
  6. Originally posted by acrobaat:[..]
    Zoo TV had way more different songs played. And a much higher energy level. You can't compare Zoo TV with E+I. At Zoo TV they were at the peak of their career.
    Yeah and they were in their early 30s! You can’t expect them to be reaching those highs in their mid-to-late 50s.

To be fair to them i think this is the most conceptually strong tour since zoo tv and I’m really looking forward to seeing the Manchester shows.

In terms of roatation I find it hard to have sympathy with those in the camp following who spend thousands going to every show. No one (especially not the 4 members of the band) is asking anyone to attend every show - just because you attend more than 1 show doesnt mean you’re owed additional songs.

And at the end of the day (it doesn’t matter hugely on the ‘actual’ percentage) the majority will only see the show once.

As I’ve said numerous times this is U2 not PJ - they don’t ‘just play the songs’ - there is so much going on with all of their tours and productions that it is virtually impossible to alter the setlist all that much. As others have said the separate legs of zootv (over the course of the whole tour there were changes but there was also a new album to promote - over 5 legs and 157 dates they ‘only’ played 54 songs) and Popmart (93 dates, 56 songs) there wasn’t a great deal of rotation.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Well if you dont like whats on offer dont go,most people in attendance enjoy the songs played it would be so easy for them to do a greatest hits tour but they are challenging their audience and themselves by playing new material.

Actually, that's why I am not going this tour. I'm not so fond of this latest album. So before judging, check first But your statement is not the first time this is on offer.
  8. I see they switched around ABOY and RFD for night one and two. I hope this sticks until Dublin
  9. Originally posted by Reach1985:[..]
    Yeah and they were in their early 30s! You can’t expect them to be reaching those <snip>
    As I’ve said numerous times this is U2 not PJ - they don’t ‘just play the songs’ - there is so much going on with all of their tours and productions that it is virtually impossible to alter the setlist all that much. As others have said the separate legs of zootv (over the course of the whole tour there were changes but there was also a new album to promote - over 5 legs and 157 dates they ‘only’ played 54 songs) and Popmart (93 dates, 56 songs) there wasn’t a great deal of rotation.

For the record, the Innocence & experience (2015: 76 dates) had 54 songs! This years only 33 so far, with not all dates played yet, with just 20 dates to go. Zoo TV had actually 2 legs, OBS 1, Zooropa 1 and Zoorasia 1 legs, overall promoting 2 albums, AB and Zooropa, so the statistics are way off for ZooTV. It is the feeling that counts.
  10. So far looks to be a standard show... sounds good though... ( I only joined during the middle of Acrobat!)
  11. If there where forums in the nineties there would be the same comments on the setlists. Speaking For my self, my point of criticism on U2 those days was the lack of variation, when listening to bootlegs on cd and looking at setlists in printed fan papers. And also AB and Pop are just way better records than SOE.