2018-09-29 - Copenhagen
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 4
  1. Originally posted by Reach1985:[..]
    There’s no way the flag section will be changed in the UK - the SOL-Pride-GOOYOW-NYD-COBL is locked in. I was listening to one of the Lisbon shows yesterday and I think that is such a strong part of the show - really powerful - I really cant see them changing that up - it’s after all the main political message of the show.

No way the encore is changing either (for good or bad).

The rotation at 4 (RFD/ABOY) is a given too as part of the ‘club’ section.

I’m convinced that if they are to make this change it’s going to be as part of the current Ocean through to UTTEOTW part - and I can’t say I’d be sorry to loose the SOI songs on favour of 3 of my all time faves!!
    For me the slot from Ocean-Intermission is the best bit of the show, save for Acrobat - would be made much better by Bono actually singing in The Ocean and playing RBW, which is a much better transition than SBS-UTEOTW

They could do so much better than SOL-Pride, play SATS again, or both!! Just get some Pop back in - like literally anything

The encore is poor and lazy, and is the easiest part of the show to change and improve - get to it boys!!
  2. GA looks overcrowded

3. They are playing a new album plus songs from SOI not many bands from their era are doing that it's usually a greatest hits tour,95% only see the gig once so it doesn't matter if they don't change the setlist every night.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

They are playing a new album plus songs from SOI not many bands from their era are doing that it's usually a greatest hits tour,95% only see the gig once so it doesn't matter if they don't change the setlist every night.
    Please stop bouncing round this "95% only see the show once" nonsense, even if it was true you have to admit the show was brilliant in 2015 and had a) far more songs and b) far more rotation soooo.....
  5. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Please stop bouncing round this "95% only see the show once" nonsense, even if it was true you have to admit the show was brilliant in 2015 and had a) far more songs and b) far more rotation soooo.....
    Agree 100%

6. So, and where is the statistics on this?

At every concert, 6 out of 10 people I talk to have seen them at least twice that tour. Now, either i obviously talk to the 'wrong' people (They lie or I attract the right people) or your stats are incorrect.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

They are playing a new album plus songs from SOI not many bands from their era are doing that it's usually a greatest hits tour,95% only see the gig once so it doesn't matter if they don't change the setlist every night.

btw: They play 23 songs, of which 7 are from SoE and 2 of SoI. I think the balance is a little bit off. The boring set is purely due to their stage footage, nothing more, nothing less. I think it is better, price- and spectaclewise, to loose the videoscreens.

The time of 'people are coming to our show and watch TV' is long passed.
  8. 'A boy searches for his manhood... fails to hold onto his innocence...'

No wonder the man's eyesight is so poor.
  9. Originally posted by cjkos:[..]

So, and where is the statistics on this?

At every concert, 6 out of 10 people I talk to have seen them at least twice that tour. Now, either i obviously talk to the 'wrong' people (They lie or I attract the right people) or your stats are incorrect.
    Well if you dont like whats on offer dont go,most people in attendance enjoy the songs played it would be so easy for them to do a greatest hits tour but they are challenging their audience and themselves by playing new material.
  10. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Well if you dont like whats on offer dont go,most people in attendance enjoy the songs played it would be so easy for them to do a greatest hits tour but they are challenging their audience and themselves by playing new material.
    How is playing the same set every night bar 1 song sometimes changing challenging for the band??
  11. They played 157 zootv gigs of almost the same stuff. That’s just the way it is
  12. There was quite a lot of variation night to night and in terms of versions of songs they played, and a totally different last leg!! It was a lot more varied in reality than it was on paper- and let's forget it was the new U2 - as someone said we're long past coming to a rock show to watch TV