2018-09-29 - Copenhagen
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 4
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Could that signal the end of Landlady’s chances I wonder? Still 3 amazing songs in contention for an appearance at some point by the looks of it.
    Well I can’t say I’d be too upset if I never heard Landlady (that and the showman don’t really do it for me on SOE).

Still begs the question where are these going to go? It feels that they’ve really worked on these - if they’d been soundcheckednjust once or twice I’d be sceptical about their appearance but this is a good few weeks now.

It feels like they are a ‘triplet’ so is this replacing the Ocean to UTTEOTW part? Or perhaps part of that eg. Ocean, Iris, Cedarwood, then TUF. Stay, Wild Horses? Into the intermission?
  2. Originally posted by Reach1985:[..]
    Well I can’t say I’d be too upset if I never heard Landlady (that and the showman don’t really do it for me on SOE).

Still begs the question where are these going to go? It feels that they’ve really worked on these - if they’d been soundcheckednjust once or twice I’d be sceptical about their appearance but this is a good few weeks now.

It feels like they are a ‘triplet’ so is this replacing the Ocean to UTTEOTW part? Or perhaps part of that eg. Ocean, Iris, Cedarwood, then TUF. Stay, Wild Horses? Into the intermission?
    I reckon these three won't be performed together, they'll have separate positions in the set I think. Not sure where though. Could they do Wild Horses into Until The End Of The World?
  3. Originally posted by Reach1985:[..]

I do think these songs will be introduced with a clear view to changing the tone of the show. I can’t see them just throwing them in there to offer something different for the sake of it. In that respect there is the issue of the flag section in the UK and then looking realistically at songs that could be dropped (ie not the hits) then there is the section of the ocean, iris and cedarwood road. There is also the rotation slot between RFD and ABOY that could easily go. Really that’s all the available options I would think, because I can’t see the band dropping any of the classics except maybe NYD if the flag section is where they want to make the change. I guess SOL maybe isn’t 100% safe either.

4. Bring it on
  5. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:[..]
    I reckon these three won't be performed together, they'll have separate positions in the set I think. Not sure where though. Could they do Wild Horses into Until The End Of The World?
    Too bad, they are to be played together, believe me; And my best bets are from the ocean to cedarwood or as a replacement for the encores.
  6. Originally posted by JulienLossless:For a change, soundcheck :
    -the unforgettable fire
    -stay (full band)
    -who's gonna ride your wild horses
    -the unforgettable fire
    -stay (full band)
    -who's gonna ride your wild horses
    Thanks for the report Julian
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I do think these songs will be introduced with a clear view to changing the tone of the show. I can’t see them just throwing them in there to offer something different for the sake of it. In that respect there is the issue of the flag section in the UK and then looking realistically at songs that could be dropped (ie not the hits) then there is the section of the ocean, iris and cedarwood road. There is also the rotation slot between RFD and ABOY that could easily go. Really that’s all the available options I would think, because I can’t see the band dropping any of the classics except maybe NYD if the flag section is where they want to make the change. I guess SOL maybe isn’t 100% safe either.
    There’s no way the flag section will be changed in the UK - the SOL-Pride-GOOYOW-NYD-COBL is locked in. I was listening to one of the Lisbon shows yesterday and I think that is such a strong part of the show - really powerful - I really cant see them changing that up - it’s after all the main political message of the show.

No way the encore is changing either (for good or bad).

The rotation at 4 (RFD/ABOY) is a given too as part of the ‘club’ section.

I’m convinced that if they are to make this change it’s going to be as part of the current Ocean through to UTTEOTW part - and I can’t say I’d be sorry to loose the SOI songs on favour of 3 of my all time faves!!
  8. @Remy do you know if these songs are still a go for Milan?