2018-10-07 - Amsterdam
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. Thank you goes out to all our European U2 family!. We just arrived back home from 10 day adventure and we had an incredible time. A 'shout out' to 'Canada' during the Amsterdam 2 show, a Larry drum stick, a Superbowl 36 pick and leading the Hamburg 2 GA line, are just some of the highlights; countless other stories and memories from the U2 community will last forever in our memories!.. oh and if you have / see any pictures/video of my wife and I please let me know. (I'm in my Orange Coat.! (e.stage front row by the MacPhisto camera-Amsterdam 2), (Hamburg 2-main stage crease Adam Side)........... have pride, live your dreams!...Scott Holbech-Edmonton,AB Canada. sholbech@hotmail.com
  2. I just wacthed gloria again. What a song. So glad they played it last Sunday
  3. Originally posted by sholbech22:Thank you goes out to all our European U2 family!. We just arrived back home from 10 day adventure and we had an incredible time. A 'shout out' to 'Canada' during the Amsterdam 2 show, a Larry drum stick, a Superbowl 36 pick and leading the Hamburg 2 GA line, are just some of the highlights; countless other stories and memories from the U2 community will last forever in our memories!.. oh and if you have / see any pictures/video of my wife and I please let me know. (I'm in my Orange Coat.! (e.stage front row by the MacPhisto camera-Amsterdam 2), (Hamburg 2-main stage crease Adam Side)........... have pride, live your dreams!...Scott Holbech-Edmonton,AB Canada. sholbech@hotmail.com
    Some great highlights, thanks for sharing and it was a pleasure to have met again
  4. Originally posted by JY1978:With all the discussions here and media attention for the queuing before the U2 concerts in the Ziggo Dome, I think it is really funny to see that they have a very different and strict approach for some Korean boy band later this week (never heard of but apparently very popular):

https://www.mojo.nl/faq-bts-english/

"Queuing
    On the morning of october 13th you are welcome at the square in front of the Ziggo Dome. It is not allowed to stay overnight in the Ziggo Dome area. When you arrive earlier, you will be send away by the police and probably be fined."

According to my daughter the bts fans are already there only they are not in front of the ziggo dome but in a tunnel close to the ziggo dome. But I suposse they will be send away later.
  5. Also a minor difference is the organisation and sort of responsibility, U2 fans tend to communicate with venue staff and keep to certain rules and promises they make with them. Also we come prepared and mostly have hotels or cars if the night gets too cold.

I highly doubt, BTS fans avaragely do that. But I hope I am wrong.
    I wouldn't be looking forward to +- 16 to 20 something year olds freezing on the curb..
  6. Originally posted by sholbech22:Thank you goes out to all our European U2 family!. We just arrived back home from 10 day adventure and we had an incredible time. A 'shout out' to 'Canada' during the Amsterdam 2 show, a Larry drum stick, a Superbowl 36 pick and leading the Hamburg 2 GA line, are just some of the highlights; countless other stories and memories from the U2 community will last forever in our memories!.. oh and if you have / see any pictures/video of my wife and I please let me know. (I'm in my Orange Coat.! (e.stage front row by the MacPhisto camera-Amsterdam 2), (Hamburg 2-main stage crease Adam Side)........... have pride, live your dreams!...Scott Holbech-Edmonton,AB Canada. sholbech@hotmail.com
    Thanks for sharing Scott. What was the Canada shout out about?
  7. Originally posted by mofothethird:Also a minor difference is the organisation and sort of responsibility, U2 fans tend to communicate with venue staff and keep to certain rules and promises they make with them. Also we come prepared and mostly have hotels or cars if the night gets too cold.

I highly doubt, BTS fans avaragely do that. But I hope I am wrong.
    I wouldn't be looking forward to +- 16 to 20 something year olds freezing on the curb..
    BTS invaded my city about 2 weeks ago and yes there fans lining up in the cold and near the arena. It's always different to look at these things from 'the outside'.

8. Amsterdam 2: Just before Summer of Love, Bono started asking about holidays/vacations (to a girl he thought was from Brazil/France). When she didn't answer he looked at us and said "this is your holiday"..'yes' we said....BONO: "from where?", 'Canada' BONO, we love Canada,..more Canada's"
  9. Originally posted by sholbech22:[..]

Amsterdam 2: Just before Summer of Love, Bono started asking about holidays/vacations (to a girl he thought was from Brazil/France). When she didn't answer he looked at us and said "this is your holiday"..'yes' we said....BONO: "from where?", 'Canada' BONO, we love Canada,..more Canada's"
    Yeah, thought that was great too: "We need more cannabis Canada's..."

(a personal "classic" from the 2015 i+e tour...sorry about that...)
  10. The shows were super awesome. I just loved GLORIA !!
    Still full of energy....... and we were in front of the catwalk
    having the best time...... jumping and singing
    My voice was gone from singing so loud

11. Just when I thought things couldn't get better anymore...Remy, thanks for illustrating my memories. Especially this one ?