1. Originally posted by ddarroch:We've pretty much had rumoured dates for both Australian & NZ cities, which have been pretty firm. But we haven't heard too much about Asia. Maybe that's where the hold up is.

It is very rare for U2 to tour stadiums in cooler climates in the winter months. The closest I can find is Denver (Mile High stadium) in both May & October.

By mid-December the weather in northern Asia is very wintery. Snow is not uncommon in Tokyo in December. Seoul experiences it's first snowfalls in November, with significant snowfall in December.

Tokyo is setup for it, with two large arenas. The Tokyo Dome (55,000), & Saitama Super Arena (37,000). Hopefully one of these are JUST big enough to fit in the monster JT screen.

But as far as I can tell Seoul has no indoor venues capable of hosting a tour with the JT screen. Seoul's largest indoor arena is the 15,000 Olympic Gymnastics Arena. They do have a large stadium (70,000), but it may not be appropriate for winter concerts.

Just my two cents about what the hold up could be (along with all the recently announced major acts in Australia).
    Seoul also has the Geochek Sky Dome, an indoor baseball stadium with a 25,000 capacity for concerts. Maybe do 2 shows here, since it’ll be cold in Seoul in December. I imagine Tokyo’s venue with be the Saitama Super Arena.

Singapore and Bangkok Should be ok outdoors in December, if they choose to play there. Macau, I have no idea, but that’s as close as U2 will ever get to China.
  2. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Seoul also has the Geochek Sky Dome, an indoor baseball stadium with a 25,000 capacity for concerts. Maybe do 2 shows here, since it’ll be cold in Seoul in December. I imagine Tokyo’s venue with be the Saitama Super Arena.
    Thanks for the info. Hadn't considered a baseball stadium. Nice to know they've got a suitable venue, puts my mind at ease.
  3. Singapore, Tokyo, etc all have retractable roofs. No issues here.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Maybe the admins should just close this thread until something official comes out lol, seems like it's doing more harm than good for the morale of this community.

+1
  5. Lets just move to the Setlist Through A Tour game and pretend the tour is happening.
  6. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    There is a chance South America and Australiasia will have seen their last bits of U2 by the end of this year.
    this is in the back of my mind, so I'll have to make the most of this tour.
  7. Nothing happened...
  8. Yet...
  9. Monday the Big Day
  10. Monday announcement, there will no tour this year 😀😀😀 The band needs more rehearsals.