1. Pardon! Exiting!
  2. Originally posted by JRoz:[image]
    Mix 94.5 is a radio station that targets older listeners. Plays a lot of classic rock and pop from the 70s-90s. If they aren't referring to U2 I honestly don't know who they are referring to.
    More rumblings, over on @U2 Forum. A poster said that on Triple M's (WA) Drive program last night the host, Cliff Reeve, mentioned that there would be a huge announcement from U2 on Monday.

It's all coming together!
  3. Originally posted by taker:IMPORTANT: Do not book flights or accommodation until these dates are officially announced by U2 or official ticketing agencies.

We have been sent the following tour dates by two sources.

November 8, 9 - Auckland - Mt. Smart Stadium

November 12 - Brisbane - Suncorp Stadium

November 15, 16 - Melbourne - Marvel Stadium

November 19 - Adelaide - Adelaide Oval

November 22, 23 - Sydney - Sydney Cricket Ground

November 27 and add 28th - Perth - Optus Stadium

November 30 and add December 1st - Singapore - National Stadium

December 4, 5 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

December 8 and add 9th - Seoul - Gocheok Sky Dome

Strong rumours that a tour announcement will be made on Monday, May 20.

Why no China/Hong Kong show? It seems a bit weird that they wouldn't stop in Hong Kong on their way to Tokyo from Singapore. Seems a bit odd that you wouldn't stop exactly half way between those two locations to play another show, it means less travel. And isn't Hong Kong a high demand place for a band like U2?
  4. Originally posted by iver54:[..]

Why no China/Hong Kong show? It seems a bit weird that they wouldn't stop in Hong Kong on their way to Tokyo from Singapore. Seems a bit odd that you wouldn't stop exactly half way between those two locations to play another show, it means less travel. And isn't Hong Kong a high demand place for a band like U2?
    Possibly because U2 participated in the Tiberian Freedom Concert years ago? Not sure if China is allowing artists who performed at the concert to tour China, & not sure if U2 would want to.
  5. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Possibly because U2 participated in the Tiberian Freedom Concert years ago? Not sure if China is allowing artists who performed at the concert to tour China, & not sure if U2 would want to.
    Exact details of performances in China must be pre-vetted by their authorities. I'd say they'll have a long wait for U2 to do that.
  6. Originally posted by taker:IMPORTANT: Do not book flights or accommodation until these dates are officially announced by U2 or official ticketing agencies.

We have been sent the following tour dates by two sources.

November 8, 9 - Auckland - Mt. Smart Stadium

November 12 - Brisbane - Suncorp Stadium

November 15, 16 - Melbourne - Marvel Stadium

November 19 - Adelaide - Adelaide Oval

November 22, 23 - Sydney - Sydney Cricket Ground

November 27 and add 28th - Perth - Optus Stadium

November 30 and add December 1st - Singapore - National Stadium

December 4, 5 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

December 8 and add 9th - Seoul - Gocheok Sky Dome

Strong rumours that a tour announcement will be made on Monday, May 20.
    Which are the “two sources”?

7. I really can't see them being allowed to use the SCG. There hasn't been a concert there for years and there's usually lots of opposition from residents about noise. Plus it's a much smaller venue than ANZ (Olympic) Stadium, circular too and has access rights for Members. I could be wrong but I'd say the odds are it will be ANZ.
  8. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    But isn't Hong Kong not part China? Shouldn't they be able to perform there?
  9. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

I really can't see them being allowed to use the SCG. There hasn't been a concert there for years and there's usually lots of opposition from residents about noise. Plus it's a much smaller venue than ANZ (Olympic) Stadium, circular too and has access rights for Members. I could be wrong but I'd say the odds are it will be ANZ.
    Wasn't ANZ about to be renovated as well? I read something about that.
  10. Originally posted by JRoz:[..]

I honestly don't know how people can still be sceptical about this tour happening at this point in time. If you aren't 100% confident that is fine, the tour hasn't been announced yet so something drastic could happen before the expected announcement that leads to the tours cancellation, but if you are less than 80% confident at this point you are going against the signs.

Even if you don't fully trust U2Songs (even though they have proven to be reliable in the past) other sources have indicated that U2 are coming to Australia. There was the newspaper article that indicated U2 were looking for a mansion in Sydney, a few mentions on the radio including Eddie Mcguire basically confirming that it was an open secret that they were coming back in march, Guy Oseary stating that he was travelling to New Zealand in Spring, Noel Gallagher announcing he would be in Australia in November, plus a radio reference to a big tour announcement on Monday and another radio host stating that they expect U2 to announce a tour on Monday both from today!

To specifically address your concerns:
    1. While you can generally expect tour posters to leak this isn't a guarantee, there is still time for it to leak before Monday.
    2, Basically the same as above - there isn't always a pre-announcement but it could occur before Monday
    3. They basically did the same thing when they did the Lovetown tour. U2 have been known to be slow to come to Australia. Additionally it seems that U2 have long planned to come to Australia. As mentioned by others they planned to come here in 2018 and had previous stated in an Australian 60 minutes interview that they intended to come to Australia around the time of the JT30 tour.
    5. Clearly they want to come to Australia (as stated above), and stadium tour, rather than an arena tour (like the I+E E+I tours), would be the most commercially viable option for the region, especially given the weak Australian dollar. I believe the last (and only) time U2 have done an arena tour in Australia was during The Unforgettable Fire tour.

If you aren't optimistic about the chances of a tour by this point I don't think any amount of leaked information will change your mind. Will just gave to wait until Monday/sometime next week to change your minds. If they don't announce the tour next week and U2Songs doesn't give a good reason why it wasn't announced or something dramatic doesn't occur, I will concede that there will be some reason to doubt that the tour is happening. But if that is the case it would have been one of the greatest tour conspiracies of all time given the amount of information indicating that the tour will be happening.

To add to this and to answer Street fighters question(s).

As far as i see it touring JT makes a huge amount or commercial sense. JT30 was a commercial & critical success in 2017 and pretty much sold out (minus the 2nd N.America leg which was done in order to facilitate the S.America leg). JT is U2s biggest selling & most well known album & there was a huge amount of demand for the JT30 tour - especially in Europe.

Putting together a new tour & associated kit for what amounts to a handful of dates doesn’t make commercial sense when you have a stage & a show (in terms of the visual elements/set list etc.) that’s pretty much ready to go (no doubt minus a few tweaks & a few weeks of rehearsal). Without a new album to tour (and who knows whether a new album could sell out stadiums anyway these days even in Oz?) then I see this as a ‘hit’ in terms of the money they’ll make for themselves and LN and they’ll no doubt garner some good press in those territories that will shift some copies of SOE (they’ll no doubt play a few numbers) & JT.

Plus...all back home for Xmas & an extra large turkey on the table all for just a months ‘work’!!
  11. Those renovations have been postponed until 2020 or later from memory. Queen is playing there in February so certainly after that.
  12. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]
    Those renovations have been postponed until 2020 or later from memory. Queen is playing there in February so certainly after that.
    Cool then ANZ it is

Some other bits and pieces from that list above are also incorrect. I've seen the same list on Facebook so this just looks like someone on Facebook made up a list based on existing rumours. (mostly from u2songs, where most of these people get the info from..)