1. Especially if it's not part of a global tour that has legs in North America and Europe just a few months later.
  2. Flights for me would cost like £800. Jesus.

The jet lag would probably be crazy too.
  3. Jet lag would be massive. You would need a couple days before the gig to recover. Otherwise you just wouldn't enjoy it.
  4. Basically same here, plus obvious cost of ticket and food and hotel. Looking at a good chunk of change. But it would be so cool to see them abroad somewhere that I would be tempted to save up.
  5. Everything in Australia is expensive. Like London or San Francisco expensive, and it doesn't matter what city you go to, it's all the same
  6. It would cost me at least $2600 for a round trip.
    So that's a no from me
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:Jet lag would be massive. You would need a couple days before the gig to recover. Otherwise you just wouldn't enjoy it.
    Totally agree...when I went out there a long time ago when I was 25 it took me 2-3 days to recover from the jet lag...didnt matter as I was out there for a year

You'd need at least 3- 4 weeks out there to make it worthwhile, and the distances between cities u2 would likely play is huge so you'd be flying everywhere or days on end in the car

For a trip of a lifetime yeah go for it, and do it properly ( it is a fab place to go) but going all that distance for a week and a couple of gigs seems a bit mad to me
  8. I think they should scrap their plans for Australia because it's really expensive for europeans to go there. I would take a stadium leg instead in Europe.