1. Just searched from LAX California it's about 759 usd
  2. I could also see them not doing this unfortunately. Not to be a stick in the mud, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bit of an empty promise kind of thing. "Be available" doesn't mean "we'll be touring".

I can see them starting their post-tour break and then not wanting to go back out, at least not for a while.

If they don't though, they should START the next tour in Australia.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I could also see them not doing this unfortunately. Not to be a stick in the mud, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bit of an empty promise kind of thing. "Be available" doesn't mean "we'll be touring".

I can see them starting their post-tour break and then not wanting to go back out, at least not for a while.

I think they aren't going to do this. I think they'll take a 2 year break or something doing nothing
  4. Yeah. I think they go dark from here for quite a while.

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of the Aussie fans, but yeah. I just wouldn't be getting my hopes up.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I could also see them not doing this unfortunately. Not to be a stick in the mud, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bit of an empty promise kind of thing. "Be available" doesn't mean "we'll be touring".

It’s based on more than crew availability. Local people with contacts have been reporting that tentative dates have been booked for stadiums. Perth being one example.

But yeah its U2 so they can and might bail out and cancel the plans at any time. But its more than just a thought/idea
  6. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    It’s based on more than crew availability. Local people with contacts have been reporting that tentative dates have been booked for stadiums. Perth being one example.

But yeah its U2 so they can and might bail out and cancel the plans at any time. But its more than just a thought/idea
    Oh fair enough, I wasn't aware of that other stuff!

That definitely seems a little more promising then.

7. Originally posted by SJKamal:Wouldn't LiveNation want them to play arenas instead? You can charge $200-300 in an arena. Can't really do that in a Stadium

Australia is a place where its better for bigger acts to do stadiums. Way more people can attend, more money and stadiums are great

Similar to South America.

8. Actually, the capacities of our arenas are pretty good (I don't know about their floor areas for the stage though).

Sydney 21,000
    Melbourne 16,200
    Perth 14,800
    Brisbane 14,500
    Adelaide 12,000

New Zealand 12,000+
  9. I'd hope for arenas, as my friends from home haven't seen an arena show. Plus arena shows rock, so much more intimate!

But yeah, they haven't toured arenas in Oz since Lovetown, so stadiums could be the plan.

If it's stadiums it would be interesting if they kept the i+e/e+i stage concept, & upscaled it. Obviously they can't have an (even more) giant LED screen down the middle of the field, as there's nothing to suspend it from.

But researching new tech called hologauze (used for very large holograms), it may be possible to have a near invisible gauze screen that displays amazing graphics & divides the field.

An interesting concept could be a hybrid tour, with stadiums & arenas. Stones have done this, touring stadiums, arenas & theatres all on the one tour!

Or just do arenas please!
  10. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Australia is a place where its better for bigger acts to do stadiums. Way more people can attend, more money and stadiums are great

Similar to South America.
    Usually. Though arena tours for major acts are still pretty common nowadays.

Here's a list of who's performed at Sydney's 21,000 capacity Qudos Arena (formerly Sydney Super Dome).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_entertainment_events_at_the_Sydney_Super_Dome

Some big names in there, most recently Pink, Katy Perry, Lana Del Rey, Robbie Williams, Muse, Paul McCartney, Green Day, Springsteen, Selena Gomez, the Rolling Stones, Madonna, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, yada yada.

If the band want to continue in arenas I'm more than happy with that decision

PS. Told ya Remy, Oz 2019! Bring it on! You're more than welcome to stay at my place! As is Joyce, Iinchy, & any of you other crazy Dutchies! Ok, I don't actually have a place, but that's just an insignificant detail
  11. A little offtopic, but just wanted to share this from an awesome cover band