1. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

Ha ha, I think many of us have this same issue. For me, it arose when they announced the JT30 tour and there was very little prospect of it getting to Australia. Inside my head was this raging Gollum vs Smeagol debate - "Don't go, your hard earned money is too precious"..."But me likes U2 and this could be my last chance"

In the end, I went to the first night of the tour but it created a precedent and the lure of repeating it for the same reasons was too strong for e+i. Even though this rumoured tour will finally be local, I am tempted to add NZ to my list of overseas locations. Once you start, it's hard to give up.
    Haha, yes, went through the same process and as a result from SYD to LA i went. Then you remember how great that experience was!
  2. Originally posted by EthanD:
    These are Metallica ticket prices for their Adelaide show.... Hope the U2 tour is cheaper but maybe not. Nearly $200 for GA....

Keep in mind the exchange rate though. $200 AU is $140 US currently.
  3. Yeah, I'm just saying it's still fairly pricy for a stadium gig here in Australia. But having said that, level A seated tickets were $300 for 360 tour back in 2010. Yikes!
  4. Australia has a high minimum wage - great if you live here - not so great if you come visiting!
  5. 2018 = E+i Tour
    2019 = The Joshua Tree Tour DVD, Live Songs of iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE, The Europa EP.
    2020 = E+i Tour DVD
    2021 = Achtung Baby Tour, New Song
    2022 = New Album, New Tour

6. it's on the other side of the world, we had 3 tours in the past 4 years. I'm not even thinking about it. I'm not judging anyone who's going, or thinking about it, but please be reasonable for yourself and don't feel obliged (or whatever) to go there.
  7. If anybody has kept up with Metallica's Worldwired tour then you might have noticed that their tour locations have been extremely similar to U2s locations for both TJT tour and e+i tour and all roughly around the same time as well. Metallica just announced their shows for Australia this October.
  8. Originally posted by Damonio123:2018 = E+i Tour
    2019 = The Joshua Tree Tour DVD, Live Songs of iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE, The Europa EP.
    2020 = E+i Tour DVD
    2021 = Achtung Baby Tour, New Song
    2022 = New Album, New Tour
    Good theory, they'll probably take this year off, I do think the AB tour will happen!
  9. Originally posted by Mattallica718:If anybody has kept up with Metallica's Worldwired tour then you might have noticed that their tour locations have been extremely similar to U2s locations for both TJT tour and e+i tour and all roughly around the same time as well. Metallica just announced their shows for Australia this October.
    Yep and U2 will likely hit the very same venues as Metallica will later this year.
  10. I was giving some thought to this tour.

Since IE / TJT30 / Ei didn't make it that far, it makes sense for the band to tour that kind of set in a new presentation bearing in mind that TJT might get a focus on the tour ; so for example, a 25-26 song set might look like this.

Set 1 : an iE/Ei style 10-11 song set with lots of SOE+SOI
    Set 2 : TJT
    Encore : 4 or so songs

Miracle
    Out Of Control
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    The Ocean
    Iris
    Cedarwood Road
    You're The Best Thing
    Summer Of Love
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Pride
    Streets
    Still
    With or Without You
    Bullet
    Running
    In Gods Country
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    Mothers
    -
    The Blackout
    Lights Of Home
    I Will Follow
    Love Is Bigger
    One

or

The Blackout
    Lights Of Home
    Gloria (or other rotating song)
    I Will Follow
    Vertigo
    Dirty Day
    Zoo Station
    Fly or Even Better
    Stay
    Wild Horses
    -
    Streets
    Still
    With or Without You
    Every Breaking Wave
    Bullet
    Running
    Red Hill Mining Town
    In Gods Country
    Trip
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    Mothers
    -
    You're The Best Thing
    Pride
    Love Is Bigger
    One
    Bad / 40 (if Gloria not in the set)
  11. Originally posted by Mattallica718:If anybody has kept up with Metallica's Worldwired tour then you might have noticed that their tour locations have been extremely similar to U2s locations for both TJT tour and e+i tour and all roughly around the same time as well. Metallica just announced their shows for Australia this October.
    Didn't Lars say recently he'd love for the two bands to do a headline tour together and to jam onstage how cool would that be in Oz, both bands have a lot of respect for each other and have had a similar career path lasting 4 decades.
  12. I have noticed that Metallica are even harder on their newer material then U2 fans are. A lot of metal fans in general have a very narrow view on what they think their favorite bands should do. My brother in law is a self proclaimed "hard core" Metallica fan, and he hates everything they've done the Black Album. So you're a fan, but you hate everything they've done for nearly 30 years? Right...

Metallica just recently did 2 shows in Ohio (where I live), Cincy and Cleveland, and I wish I would've gone to one of them. I've seen them once, back in the St. Anger days, great live. I'm not a metal fan, and only a casual Metallica fan, but I respect them. You're right, they have followed a pretty similar path to U2, and are now on pretty equal ground with them.