1. Originally posted by markreed:I was giving some thought to this tour.

Since IE / TJT30 / Ei didn't make it that far, it makes sense for the band to tour that kind of set in a new presentation bearing in mind that TJT might get a focus on the tour ; so for example, a 25-26 song set might look like this.

Set 1 : an iE/Ei style 10-11 song set with lots of SOE+SOI
    Set 2 : TJT
    Encore : 4 or so songs

Miracle
    Out Of Control
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    The Ocean
    Iris
    Cedarwood Road
    You're The Best Thing
    Summer Of Love
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Pride
    Streets
    Still
    With or Without You
    Bullet
    Running
    In Gods Country
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    Mothers
    -
    The Blackout
    Lights Of Home
    I Will Follow
    Love Is Bigger
    One

or

The Blackout
    Lights Of Home
    Gloria (or other rotating song)
    I Will Follow
    Vertigo
    Dirty Day
    Zoo Station
    Fly or Even Better
    Stay
    Wild Horses
    -
    Streets
    Still
    With or Without You
    Every Breaking Wave
    Bullet
    Running
    Red Hill Mining Town
    In Gods Country
    Trip
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    Mothers
    -
    You're The Best Thing
    Pride
    Love Is Bigger
    One
    Bad / 40 (if Gloria not in the set)
    Suppose they always have the option available now of giving us the different nights of innocence and experience, that they floated back in 2015.

However unlikely it would be I know.
  2. Even though this tour isn't supporting an album, I would assume they will address the topix of one during press for the tour, if not on stage. Not like U2 to tour with nothing new in the vault. But then again I never would have predicted the JT30 tour in 2016.
  3. I suspect U2 will use Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane - a much more central and better venue. It's only allowed a limited number of music events per year and I hope that Metallica aren't using it because there are other locked in events

4. I know that just one post about Hozier’s album may not mean anything special. But…

The more I think of it… the more excited and enamored I am with the idea of a LoveTown30 tour with Hozier as the opening act.
  5. Being Australian I’m really anxious with all these rumours and no announcement yet... it’s killing me!
  6. Haha I can feel with you! Let’s hope to get an announcement as soon as possible
  7. Originally posted by thefly07:Even though this tour isn't supporting an album, I would assume they will address the topix of one during press for the tour, if not on stage. Not like U2 to tour with nothing new in the vault. But then again I never would have predicted the JT30 tour in 2016.
    I suspect they may release a greatest hits with a couple of new songs and tour on the back of that ,I don't think they wanna tour on the back of TJT again as it would be a major step back for them the fact that no JT songs were played on the E&I tour showed they were tired of playing them the previous year and it was time for something fresh .I doubt that many songs from the last 2 albums will be played either as they were more suited to indoor venues with the narrative they were doing it will be interesting to see what they do come up with .
  8. I don't think you can conclude that they werd tired of TJT because they didn't play it on E&I. They only did 51 shows on JT30, so 7 out of 11 songs were only played 51 times in a row. Beautiful Day, Vertigo, Pride and some other songs have had much longer streaks and were still there on E&I.
  9. Originally posted by Ricku2:I don't think you can conclude that they werd tired of TJT because they didn't play it on E&I. They only did 51 shows on JT30, so 7 out of 11 songs were only played 51 times in a row. Beautiful Day, Vertigo, Pride and some other songs have had much longer streaks and were still there on E&I.
    Well surely the band know that 90%of the audience would want Streets,WOWY,ISHF One tree hill ahead of anything they played from the last few albums but they decided not to play anything from JT during the E&I tour which IMO was a bad error of judgement, play your best songs don't do a Radiohead and ignore them because you think the new material is as good as them but let's be honest nobody goes to an AC⚡DC,GnR or Def leppard gig to hear the new material they want the classics 2 or 3 new songs I can live with but anymore is too much as U2 discovered on the 360 tour.
  10. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Well surely the band know that 90%of the audience would want Streets,WOWY,ISHF One tree hill ahead of anything they played from the last few albums but they decided not to play anything from JT during the E&I tour which IMO was a bad error of judgement, play your best songs don't do a Radiohead and ignore them because you think the new material is as good as them but let's be honest nobody goes to an AC⚡DC,GnR or Def leppard gig to hear the new material they want the classics 2 or 3 new songs I can live with but anymore is too much as U2 discovered on the 360 tour.
    90%? I don't think so. It was a short indoor tour with mostly 'real' U2 fans. JT30 was a tour for a broader audience, E&I was always going to be a lot different. I wasn't too impressed with some of the new songs, but still I'm glad I got a chance to hear them and I certainly do not blame them for not playing Streets or With or without you instead. I think most of the audience felt like that. Australia will be a lot different, they haven't played there for almost a decade, they are playing stadiums, so I'm sure it will feature JT quite heavily again.
  11. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Not really. If them not playing the JT means we'll get to hear new material then I'm all for it.
  12. Fine but you'd be in the minority