1. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    This was my justification for attending 7 shows last year.

Then a few months later they announce a tour for this year lol.
    lol... tell me about it
  2. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

Heart

May be the last time you see them for a very long time. Who knows what the next few years will bring, might be the last time you ever see them!
    Hope my last concert wasn't my last U2 on (Toronto JT)....would be underwhelming. That means the last song I would have heard is IWF. And though it was great, of the 17 times I've seen U2, it was easily #17
  3. Don't fret, we have songs of ascent album, DVD, tour, etc etc.
  4. Guys, is this gonna happen???? I remember early 2002 after SuperBowl, strong rumours they would extend Elevation into Oz, more Europe, etc.
  5. Hello!

Shouldn't that be as a traverse from a lyric of a band named... I will not call it, but... first sign starting with 'U' and last with '2':
    Head (first): Just fuck it
    (then) Foot: Let’s go
    (then) Heart: So let’s set the sail
    ?

I'm still optimistic; still think the future is here at last, and the only pain is to feel nothing at all
  6. Nothing on this tour is going to be cheap if it happens. The proposed Asian countries are all expensive to visit and Australia would be close to as expensive as anywhere in the world.

But then again they always seem to play some pretty great shows over here as a whole. That could also have something to do with our tours usually being tacked on at the end of the cycle too, so it will be interesting to see how they perform this time around

7. I guess we can expect Hozier as support if this tour goes ahead then?
  8. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    Nothing on this tour is going to be cheap if it happens. The proposed Asian countries are all expensive to visit and Australia would be close to as expensive as anywhere in the world.

But then again they always seem to play some pretty great shows over here as a whole. That could also have something to do with our tours usually being tacked on at the end of the cycle too, so it will be interesting to see how they perform this time around
    Hi!

But what does it mean 'expensive'?
    Show ticket is expensive for locals, or for visitors? (very, very independent scale)
    Travel expenses for visitors:
    - from/to where? US-AUS or EU-AUS, or EU-NZ or LHR-SIN, or WAW-NRT, or...?
    - willing to stay overnight (yes, it is possible), or sleep in a car, or **/***** hotel, or?
    - memorabilia... well, do we really need it?
    - travelling from show to show by car/plane/bus/train/uber/coseats
    And so on...
    I think actual cost is cost of getting THE fan from continent X to Y.
    Otherwise cost of touring (not organising the tour by U2/management) is more or less the same no matter where you go, neither where you come from.

Kind regards, Tom

9. These are Metallica ticket prices for their Adelaide show.... Hope the U2 tour is cheaper but maybe not. Nearly $200 for GA....
  10. Our cost of living in Australia is about as high as it gets in the big east coast cities. Perth is similar. Food, beer, taxis, fuel, hotels; everything is expensive compared to a lot of other places around the world and you need to allow a lot of time to travel anywhere. Concert tickets are expensive enough as it is for us, so it'll probably be a shock to others

Sure, if you want to come here and live on the basics and not see any sights or do anything of interest you could have a reasonably cheap trip. Just say goodbye to seeing any beaches or national parks or any of the famous attractions other than the Opera house. Most of Australia's best places aren't in the cities.

Singapore is as bad as anywhere in terms of expensive places, Hong Kong is absurd too and Tokyo is probably the cheapest option.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of coming here. It's a great place. By all means book a trip but just beware that it's not a cheap place to come if you want to make the most of the effort to get here and how much you'll spend. Just the thoughts of a local

11. Ha ha, I think many of us have this same issue. For me, it arose when they announced the JT30 tour and there was very little prospect of it getting to Australia. Inside my head was this raging Gollum vs Smeagol debate - "Don't go, your hard earned money is too precious"..."But me likes U2 and this could be my last chance"

In the end, I went to the first night of the tour but it created a precedent and the lure of repeating it for the same reasons was too strong for e+i. Even though this rumoured tour will finally be local, I am tempted to add NZ to my list of overseas locations. Once you start, it's hard to give up.