Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. I'm with popmater, WON'T be the setlist

Haha It's absolutely impossible for U2 to keep everyone happy, our tastes are so varied.
  2. Originally posted by Vinn0:The Joshua Tree 2019 - NZ & Aus only

1 gloria - extended drum intro
    2 sunday bloody sunday/nyd
    3 a sort of homecoming - original version
    4 the unforgettable fire/pride
    5 bad
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    6 where the streets have no name
    7 i still haven't found what i'm looking for
    8 with or without you-shine like stars
    9 bullet the blue sky
    10 running to stand still
    11 red hill mining town - piano & guitar
    12 in God's country
    13 trip through your wires
    14 one tree hill - lovetown solo
    15 exit-gloria snippet
    16 mothers of the disappeared - bono/edge only
    18 the blackout/the miracle
    19 cedarwood road
    20 acrobat
    21 dirty day
    22 the fly/zoo station
    23 stay
    24 wild horses
    25 last night on earth/all because of you
    26 every breaking wave - full band
    27 the little things
    28 out of control/one

Yep I'm dreaming out loud on this one with the hits I've left out & the staples i put as alternates for second nights. But hey the band is about to do a very small tour of part two of the Joshua Tree 30th anniversary. This is after doing 3 different tours in 4 years; which included playing 2 fan favourite songs live for the first time - I'd say anything is possible at this point!
    Yeah, dreaming out loud. But I'm happy to dream with you, that looks like a fun show
  3. What am I up to? Idea 4 or 5 on the will NEVER, EVER happen setlist.

Idea 4. I probably prefer that they open with the Joshua Tree, so they can spend more time on the newer material layer in the setlist. But I guess the sensible option is to have the old school opening. Building the momentum towards the 'Streets' moment.

But for that old school start, please use the screen. So those without a view in GA, & those high in the nosebleeds have something to see. Not impressive graphics, which will take the shine off the awe of the Streets opening. Just smaller (wide angle) black & white visuals of the band, shown towards the sides of the screen.

Again, as U2 hasn't visited these shores for a long time, & they're only doing a short tour after a well earned rest, they bless us with long shows.

LOTS of variety for second nights. Most of these songs have been played over the last few years. So the band & techs should be across them. A chance to mix it up with variation between nights.

The Joshua Tree + e+i
    1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    2. New Year's Day / The Unforgettable Fire
    3. A Sort Of Homecoming / Bad
    ---------------------------------------
    4. Where the Streets Have No Name
    5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    6. With or Without You
    7. Bullet the Blue Sky
    8. Running To Stand Still
    9. Red Hill Mining Town
    10. In God's Country
    11. Trip Through Your Wires
    12. One Tree Hill
    13. Exit
    14. Mothers Of The Disappeared

*** Intermission (Love Is All We Have Left) ***

15. The Blackout
    16. Lights Of Home / Red Flag Day
    17. The Fly / Zoo Station
    18. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses / Stay
    19. Desire / All I Want Is You
    20. Summer Of Love / Staring at the Sun
    21. Acrobat
    22. Vertigo / Until the End of the World
    23. One

****** Encore ******

24. Beautiful Day
    25. Gone*/Kite
    26. Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way / The Little Things That Give You Away

Pride takes a well earned rest. As does Elevation, City of Blinding Lights, Even Better Than The Real Thing & Ultraviolet (Light My Way). Vertigo is only played on first nights. These can be swapped in for the Asian dates, removing the good stuff

* Gone must be played at Sydney 1. The 22nd anniversary of the death of Michael Hutchence.

Kite makes a welcomed return, it's been a while!
  4. -
  5. A couple of personal observations on some of these lists:
    - The album will be played in full and order, so give up hope of spreading the songs through the set list (as much as I would like them to do that).
    - They need to include at least 3 or 4 i+e songs. FM radio seems to think U2 hasn't released an album since HTDAAB, but audiences down here haven't heard any of the new material live and deserve a reasonable dose.
    - Time to drop some of the war horses like Elevation and One to accommodate the new material.
    - I'm expecting Stuck In A Moment for the first night in Sydney - 22nd anniversary of the passing of Michael Hutchence.
    - I can't see them doing >24 songs based on recent tours.
  6. Anything in excess of a setlist comprising of more then 22 songs is a bonus. People expecting anything more I suspect is going to be disappointed.
  7. Rattle and Hum & Lovetown Tour(Rattle and Hum affiliated)
    If you really want to celebrate the 30st anniversary,

"Angel Of Harlem"
    "All I Want Is You"

I'll allow only two songs.

Rattle and Hum

The rest of the songs are...

after a good storage

Use it for the next TOUR.!
  8. Originally posted by KOREA_SEOUL_LEE:Rattle and Hum & Lovetown Tour(Rattle and Hum affiliated)
    If you really want to celebrate the 30st anniversary,

"Angel Of Harlem"
    "All I Want Is You"

I'll allow only two songs.

Rattle and Hum

The rest of the songs are...

after a good storage

Use it for the next TOUR.!
    Would love to see God Part II, however unlikely.

But hey got exit and acrobat, which I never thought I'd hear.
  9. God Part II = Exit

Performance and atmosphere overlap.

God Part II, Hawkmoon 269, Heartland, Van Dimen's Land

after a good storage

At the next TOUR

A Diehard Fan Many

Use in North America and Europe!
  10. Originally posted by kevinu267:Anything in excess of a setlist comprising of more then 22 songs is a bonus. People expecting anything more I suspect is going to be disappointed.
    Tough, but fair
  11. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:A couple of personal observations on some of these lists:
    - The album will be played in full and order, so give up hope of spreading the songs through the set list (as much as I would like them to do that).
    - They need to include at least 3 or 4 i+e songs. FM radio seems to think U2 hasn't released an album since HTDAAB, but audiences down here haven't heard any of the new material live and deserve a reasonable dose.
    - Time to drop some of the war horses like Elevation and One to accommodate the new material.
    - I'm expecting Stuck In A Moment for the first night in Sydney - 22nd anniversary of the passing of Michael Hutchence.
    - I can't see them doing >24 songs based on recent tours.
    I think 3 songs from I+E is enough, Australian audiences haven't seen U2 for 9 years so we'd love more hits than I+E songs Little things, blackout and love is bigger probably represents the 3 best songs from those albums that would work in a stadium.
    I agree with dropping Elevation (personally I find it overrated and think there are better 'big' modern U2 songs that can be used to hype the crowd up the way Elevation does.) But I 100% disagree with dropping One. One is the best way to end a show and shouldn't be dropped under and circumstances during this tour.