1. I have so many mixed feelings about an AB tour.

Yes, I would want to see it in full.
    But I would want it nothing like ZooTV as people seem to be suggesting, just play the songs.
    When a tour is promoted to commemorate the anniversary of an album, it does come across as a nostalgia act - that goes for any band. It's something the band have been openly uncomfortable about in the past (referring to Greatest Hits type tours) and it shows someone else is pulling the strings. It's a money making thing - needless as well given U2's stature.
    While I liked the JT30 tour, they seemed very robotic.

If it doesn't happen, it wouldn't be the end of the world (no pun intended). Look what AB material we've got in the last ten years and it's pretty satisfying. It's almost a tour to tick a box. A lot of debates are solely around 'they did it for JT so they have to do it for AB'. Not necessarily. If they did a new tour promoting a new album, give us Love is Blindness and So Cruel or Tryin' and we're sound. I'd be happy with that.

But to be honest, they're not getting any younger. I think we will all just be thankful to see them again whatever the tour concept is. I just get the impression people are taking this somewhat personally?
  2. Aside from all the opinions though which are fair enough I still don’t think by definition a band can be considered a nostalgia act when they still release new material and tour that. That’s what they did with SOE on the back of JT2017 and they could do that after zootv2 as well. I don’t think that’s an opinion thing. The definition of a nostalgia act surely would be a band that only looks back. As I said a nostalgia tour, that can be argued, in fact I could probably accept that now but not in a negative way but not a nostalgia act. Btw I’am on board with the new tour of a new album and playing Love Is Blindness, So Cruel and Tryin. The 3 songs most of us wouldn’t have heard live, if someone could guarantee me that now with no AB anniversary tour I’d take it.

3. That hasn't happened since Popmart over 20 years ago when they didn't have a sponsor or Live nation with variable ticket prices and tried doing everything themselves, some would argue No line was a much weaker album than Pop yet they had the most successful tour in history on the back of it a lot of that success was down to Live nation who planned the itinerary, promotion and staggered announcing different legs of the tour which guaranteed big attendances.
    Going forward I'd like to see U2 doing more festivals without all the bells 🔔 and whistles as well as their own shows and loosen up a bit by not sticking to a script by varying the setlist more regularly.
  4. An anniversary tour takes out some of the fun of not knowing what they're going to play, what the setlist will look like.
  5. I think AB30 would be a mistake.
  6. I'm not against an AB30 tour, but would much prefer a new tour with new songs. I believe the band is capable of creating a new tour and album rather than looking back into the past. If I was to guess, I'd say, much like the others, U2's next steps will be a new album in mid-late 2022 followed by a new tour in 2023-2024.
  7. Personally an Anniversary tour doesn't bring the same excitement that a new tour would. Yes I would obviously go and see AB30 if it happens, and probably multiple times too, but give me a new tour any day.
  8. They could have easily done a normal tour last year but as Kieran says, someone else is pulling the strings. I don't think demand would have been any different in Australia/NZ/Asia if they didn't do JT32, they hadn't ever been to some places.
  9. I'm so glad to see more and more of you are coming to the anti-AB30 field.
  10. Me too, will make getting tickets very easy. (Not true of course because most people against it will likely still go).
  11. Getting tickets is not really a problem.

Even Saitama you could get tickets on the day. No problem.
  12. Yeah I was only joking, don’t think getting tickets will be much of an issue really. Getting GA could be tricky though or if the next tour is an arena tour then it could be a bit more difficult, don’t think AB would be arena’s though. I think I’m just at the stage now where I’ll find it a waste of not just a year but potentially 2 if they don’t release something until late 2022/23 and don’t tour either when they could have played an anniversary tour to fill the void. By the time a new tour came around the excitement would be through the roof though but the band won’t be here forever and it just seems like it’s going to be wasted time unless they surprise us with a new album in that time but I just don’t see it.