1. They could've easily done that last year.
  2. Our ITunes???Didn't know you owned Apple ,when you look at weekly charts on there and the garbage 🗑 that is popular they did a lot of people a favour by making them listen to some decent music 🎶.
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Our ITunes???Didn't know you owned Apple ,when you look at weekly charts on there and the garbage 🗑 that is popular they did a lot of people a favour by making them listen to some decent music 🎶.
    Amen!
  4. Originally posted by trainfanjacob8:[..]
    Yes, I think they will too. I can't see them doing 100+ arena shows per year like they used to. With stadiums, they can play to more people over a shorter time period. It makes sense for an older act to gradually switch towards more stadium shows. Maybe the next tour will be a mix of arenas and stadiums.

What's the point of playing half filled stadiums. Better 2 nights in arena instead (and hopefully change the setlist a bit)
  5. They only play half filled stadiums if they do multiple nights in markets that don't have the audience. If they just stick with 1 night in each city, or even only do 2 nights in the very popular locations such as London, then filling stadiums won't be a problem.
  6. My favourite part of this whole debacle was that people who hated the band got the album and I didn't in iTunes. Was kind of funny I woke up and had text messages saying: 'Did you get the new U2 album automatically in iTunes?' Response: 'What U2 album in iTunes?'

I think more importantly, the lesson here was - make sure you adjust your preferences so things *don't* auto-download.
  7. Other than Popmart, when have they regularly played half full stadiums?

I mean, it happens occasionally to everybody. Even the Rolling Stones have played to half empty stadiums in recent years. I feel like U2's last stadium tour was pretty much successful everywhere. Sure, there were empty seats in a few shows like New Orleans and Pittsburgh, but they still pulled in respectable numbers for those cities.
  8. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Other than Popmart, when have they regularly played half full stadiums?

I mean, it happens occasionally to everybody. Even the Rolling Stones have played to half empty stadiums in recent years. I feel like U2's last stadium tour was pretty much successful everywhere. Sure, there were empty seats in a few shows like New Orleans and Pittsburgh, but they still pulled in respectable numbers for those cities.
    It's not about the past, but the future. Maybe you should have read the other comments too. U2 doesn't easily fill stadiums anymore. I mean, there was always huge demand here in Holland. They could fill stadiums 5 or 6 times if the wanted, but always choose to do 2 or 3. But JT17 they struggled to sell out 2 dates, so what's gonna happen with a new album? Struggle to sell out 1 date! So, in other places it might get worse.
  9. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    It's not about the past, but the future. Maybe you should have read the other comments too. U2 doesn't easily fill stadiums anymore. I mean, there was always huge demand here in Holland. They could fill stadiums 5 or 6 times if the wanted, but always choose to do 2 or 3. But JT17 they struggled to sell out 2 dates, so what's gonna happen with a new album? Struggle to sell out 1 date! So, in other places it might get worse.
    Or maybe after 4 or 5 years without a tour in Europe and North America and with some fresh material and brand new stage set up fans are keen to see them again and tickets sell very well.
  10. I also fear that they will fail to really attract a ‘full house’ sign up in stadiums in the future ... and omg i wish ppl would stop getting a ‘woody’ over an AB Tour .. jesus it ain’t happening .. if it does the complete transformation into a sad ‘characture’ of the once great band they are/were would be complete !

11. I dont think they'll have a problem if they only do 1 night stadium shows in each city.
  12. Originally posted by DanialGowans:I also fear that they will fail to really attract a ‘full house’ sign up in stadiums in the future ... and omg i wish ppl would stop getting a ‘woody’ over an AB Tour .. jesus it ain’t happening .. if it does the complete transformation into a sad ‘characture’ of the once great band they are/were would be complete !
    I think the people against an AB tour make far too much of it. I think it’s not going to happen now anyway because with the restrictions maybe not fully lifted for a while yet and the planning involved 2021 is too soon but zoo tv 2 could be on for 2022. And why shouldn’t they? It’s there great songs, if they want to perform them and tour the album then good for them, thanks for letting there fans enjoy seeing them live especially those of us that couldn’t see the original tour. Bono doesn’t need to be wearing a full leather outfit either or acting half his age, he just needs to sing the songs with the effort and feeling he’s been putting into them in more recent years. So just like you wish people would stop getting a ‘woody’ as you put it about the tour I would rather not read all the people opposing it either and claiming what it would mean for the band, I think it’s BS personally. ‘ a nostalgia act’ I’ve read many times. Maybe JT30 was a nostalgia, maybe AB30 would be a nostalgia tour but how can a band releasing new material and touring it playing several songs from that new album a night be a nostalgia act? They can’t be by definition.